The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Ambystoma maculatum in 55G paludarium

This is a discussion on Ambystoma maculatum in 55G paludarium within the Mole Salamanders but not tigers or axolotls (Ambystomatids) forums, part of the Species, Genus & Family Discussions category; Over this past summer, my fiancee and I set up a 55-gallon aquarium that I received for free from my ...

Mole Salamanders but not tigers or axolotls (Ambystomatids) These large-mouthed, burrowing salamanders are indigenous to Central and North America.

Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By PDONTnAMBY

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19th January 2016   #1 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: PDONTnAMBY has shown reliable knowledge
Talking Ambystoma maculatum in 55G paludarium

Over this past summer, my fiancee and I set up a 55-gallon aquarium that I received for free from my boss to house our spotted salamanders, which were beginning to get a bit cramped in their 10G. The enclosure included a Great Stuf background hardened with Hot Foam Factory foam sealant, with a waterfall carved in and sealed with silicone. (The spotted sallies' tankmates, a group of black-bellied duskies I bought after falling in love with them in the Smokies, adore the waterfall). I'll get a topic up in Enclosures & Vivaria soon.

Here are a couple pictures of one of my medium-sized (~5") spotted, chilling on my favorite mossy rock from the yard:

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.

PDONTnAMBY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2016   #2 (permalink)
Field Herper

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 142
Comments: 77
Rep: Sith the turtle is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgSith the turtle is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgSith the turtle is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgSith the turtle is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgSith the turtle is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgSith the turtle is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.org
Default Re: Ambystoma maculatum in 55G paludarium

Nice looking salamander! Any more pictures of the tank, so far it looks pretty good!

Tags
ambystoma, ambystoma maculatum, paludarium, vivarium

LinkBack