The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Can Ambystoma Andersoni metamorphosize?

This is a discussion on Can Ambystoma Andersoni metamorphosize? within the Mole Salamanders but not tigers or axolotls (Ambystomatids) forums, part of the Species, Genus & Family Discussions category; Can Ambystoma Andersoni metamorphosize?...

Mole Salamanders but not tigers or axolotls (Ambystomatids) These large-mouthed, burrowing salamanders are indigenous to Central and North America.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By bellabelloo

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17th March 2016   #1 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: TheAmphibianGuy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Can Ambystoma Andersoni metamorphosize?

Can Ambystoma Andersoni metamorphosize?

TheAmphibianGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2016   #2 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: schmiggle is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Can Ambystoma Andersoni metamorphosize?

Based on axolotls, I would guess that yes, but only with hormonal injections, or very rarely otherwise. A two minute google search yielded no information, but someone more informed should say more.

schmiggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2016   #3 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: otolith is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgotolith is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgotolith is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgotolith is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgotolith is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgotolith is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.org

The short answer is yes. If you search the forum there are a few threads documenting this.

otolith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2016   #4 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 19
Comments: 13
Rep: bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11

Yes, they can morph. I have read about a few that have.

Caudata Culture Species Entry - Ambystoma andersoni

bellabelloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2016   #5 (permalink)
Axolotl Enthusiast

Nationality:
Rep: auntiejude is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgauntiejude is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgauntiejude is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgauntiejude is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgauntiejude is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgauntiejude is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgauntiejude is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgauntiejude is considered an Authority at Caudata.org

Yes, I had one that morphed.

LinkBack