The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store Donate

Strauchii breeding

This is a discussion on Strauchii breeding within the Near and Middle Eastern Newts (Neurergus) forums, part of the Species, Genus & Family Discussions category; I was wondering if any of you guys used any plants on your strauchii to lay eggs on. I know ...

Near and Middle Eastern Newts (Neurergus) Arguably the most beautiful newts in the world, this Asian genus is highly desired by many hobbyists.

Like Tree8Likes
  • 2 Post By Neotenic_Jaymes
  • 6 Post By sergé

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11th December 2014   #1 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: velasco13000 has started on the right path
Default Strauchii breeding

I was wondering if any of you guys used any plants on your strauchii to lay eggs on. I know a lot of you guys don't use plants on these species but last year my kaisers only laid eggs on the plants and nothing else.
velasco13000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2014   #2 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 46
Comments: 2
Rep: Neotenic_Jaymes is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgNeotenic_Jaymes is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgNeotenic_Jaymes is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgNeotenic_Jaymes is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgNeotenic_Jaymes is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgNeotenic_Jaymes is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgNeotenic_Jaymes is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgNeotenic_Jaymes is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgNeotenic_Jaymes is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgNeotenic_Jaymes is considered an Authority at Caudata.org
Default Re: Strauchii breeding

Stick with slate rocks or some sort of rock structure that provides crevices. N.strauchii seem to lay under rocks or in tight corners to hide their eggs. Good luck!
Old 12th December 2014   #3 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: sergé is a mainstay of Caudata.orgsergé is a mainstay of Caudata.orgsergé is a mainstay of Caudata.orgsergé is a mainstay of Caudata.orgsergé is a mainstay of Caudata.orgsergé is a mainstay of Caudata.orgsergé is a mainstay of Caudata.orgsergé is a mainstay of Caudata.org
Default Re: Strauchii breeding

please read this paper saves some of these questions.......S. BOGAERTS, H. JANSSEN, J. MACKE, G. SCHULTSCHIK, K. ERNST, F. MAILLET, C. BORK, F. PASMANS & P. WISNIEWSKI, 2012. Conservation biology, husbandry and captive breeding of the endemic Anatolia newt, Neurergus strauchii Steindachner (1887) (Amphibia: Caudata: Salamandridae). Amphibian and Reptile Conservation 6(4):9-29(e53).
http://www.redlist-arc.org/Article-P...3_high_res.pdf
sergé is offline   Reply With Quote