The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

N. crocatus setup questions

This is a discussion on N. crocatus setup questions within the Near and Middle Eastern Newts (Neurergus) forums, part of the Species, Genus & Family Discussions category; I was recently able to acquire some N. crocatus. I have them in a well-circulated tank, water is about 4" ...

Near and Middle Eastern Newts (Neurergus) Arguably the most beautiful newts in the world, this Asian genus is highly desired by many hobbyists.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20th April 2017   #1 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: ekocak has started on the right path
Default N. crocatus setup questions

I was recently able to acquire some N. crocatus. I have them in a well-circulated tank, water is about 4" deep, and a number of stacked limestone rocks + 1 angled piece of slate to allow completely getting out of the water. I left out plants, as it seemed from reading through posts here that they dont need or desire them. So far, theyre very secretive but that might just be settling in. Did observe one of them eating a red wiggler. Temperature is 62 F. Anything I'm missing or should look out for? Thanks.

LinkBack