The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store Donate

My Neurergus kaiseri setup

This is a discussion on My Neurergus kaiseri setup within the Near and Middle Eastern Newts (Neurergus) forums, part of the Species, Genus & Family Discussions category; Hi, This is my 112 L aquatic setup, for 5 juvenile Neurergus kaiseri with a 440 L waterfilter and a ...

Near and Middle Eastern Newts (Neurergus) Arguably the most beautiful newts in the world, this Asian genus is highly desired by many hobbyists.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26th June 2008   #1 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: simon08 has started on the right path
Default My Neurergus kaiseri setup

Hi,

This is my 112 L aquatic setup, for 5 juvenile Neurergus kaiseri with a 440 L waterfilter and a UV beamer.
I think the setup is easy to clean, what do you think about the setup?

More pics at www.myspace.com/meinmolch

Simon
Attached Thumbnails
My Neurergus kaiseri setup-26.06.08-001-1-2.jpg   My Neurergus kaiseri setup-25-26.06.08-122-1-2.jpg   My Neurergus kaiseri setup-25-26.06.08-118-1-2.jpg   My Neurergus kaiseri setup-25-26.06.08-097-1-2.jpg   My Neurergus kaiseri setup-26.06.08-012-1-2.jpg  

My Neurergus kaiseri setup-26.06.08-010-1-2-1-2.jpg   My Neurergus kaiseri setup-25-26.06.08-091-1-2.jpg  
simon08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2008   #2 (permalink)
Administrator

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 97
Comments: 46
Rep: Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11
Default Re: My Neurergus kaiseri setup

I think it's excellent! Is the bottom of the tank made of rock?
Old 26th June 2008   #3 (permalink)
Site Contributor

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 6
Comments: 3
Rep: t_summ is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgt_summ is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgt_summ is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgt_summ is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgt_summ is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgt_summ is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgt_summ is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgt_summ is considered an Authority at Caudata.org

It looks very heavy.

Is this tank setup good for anything other than cleaning (in your opinion)? If you could give a full breakdown of what materials are used and why you feel this is a beneficial setup; I believe many people may benefit from it.

Thanks for sharing!
t_summ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2008   #4 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 4
Comments: 1
Rep: paul_b is a mainstay of Caudata.orgpaul_b is a mainstay of Caudata.orgpaul_b is a mainstay of Caudata.orgpaul_b is a mainstay of Caudata.orgpaul_b is a mainstay of Caudata.orgpaul_b is a mainstay of Caudata.orgpaul_b is a mainstay of Caudata.org
Default AW: My Neurergus kaiseri setup

Hi Simon,

looks nice, but don't you have any land part?

Paul
paul_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2008   #5 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 1
Comments: 4
Rep: louise is a mainstay of Caudata.orglouise is a mainstay of Caudata.orglouise is a mainstay of Caudata.orglouise is a mainstay of Caudata.orglouise is a mainstay of Caudata.orglouise is a mainstay of Caudata.org

Nice looking kaiseri! :)
louise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2008   #6 (permalink)

Nationality:

hi,

the ground of the tank is out of two stone plate´s. the fugue (i hope thats the right word) are 1cm an filled up with sand. the picture is a litle bit bad so you can´t see the hole setup. but i will post some today. the land part isnt big i will show you on the pics soon. but the pets are mostly in water and very rare on land.

simon
Old 27th June 2008   #7 (permalink)

Nationality:

Hi,

I want to have a setup who´s good to clean but also nice to view, for me and the newts.
I bought 30kg of yellow sandstone (the had only yellow and red) it was really cheap for 9€ at a specialized dealer for stones and tiles. Also the 2 rockplates, the cost 20€ including the cutting into the right size. There is also a root in the tank with some very nice holes below them. But they are not shy, so they don’t use it. I have only 1 plant in the whole tank and this is a java moss. The land part isn’t big but when they need a bigger then they will get one. In time the use it not often. I have no extra light, only the light from the window in my basement and the normal light, who´s only on, when I have a look.

I think that’s all, when you have some questions ore tips for me please write me.

Sorry for the bad English

simon
Attached Thumbnails
My Neurergus kaiseri setup-27.06.08-001-version1.jpg   My Neurergus kaiseri setup-bild-001.jpg  

Last edited by John; 28th June 2008 at 03:01. Reason: Just a friendly tidy.

Tags
kaiseri, neurergus, setup