The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store Donate

Your favorite coloration of T.granulosa?

This is a discussion on Your favorite coloration of T.granulosa? within the North American Newts (Notophthalmus & Taricha) forums, part of the Species, Genus & Family Discussions category; Not albino (Not sure if those even exist in the hobby) but what are your favorite natural colorations of the ...

North American Newts (Notophthalmus & Taricha) While not closely related, these two genera are the true newts of North America.

View Poll Results: Favorite natural Taricha color

Black with orange belly 4 18.18%
Black with gold belly 3 13.64%
Black with reddish belly 4 18.18%
Brown with orange belly 7 31.82%
Brown with gold belly 5 22.73%
Brown with reddish belly 4 18.18%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By TatoTesla
  • 2 Post By sde

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19th October 2015   #1 (permalink)
Field Herper

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 84
Comments: 76
Rep: Sith the turtle has given good advice and informationSith the turtle has given good advice and information
Question Your favorite coloration of T.granulosa?

Not albino (Not sure if those even exist in the hobby) but what are your favorite natural colorations of the Rough-skinned newt, Mine are the ones with black or very dark brown backs, with gold bellies. Answer with replies and on the poll
Old 19th October 2015   #2 (permalink)
Ambystoma Enthusiast

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: TatoTesla has started on the right path

I think they all have a variation of those colors I think.. At some times, my T. grans will appear a lot darker or lighter.. I always just assumed that it had to do with shedding as sometimes I've found her shed lying around in the tank. But I agree, the dark brown and gold bellies are gorgeous. I'm also a fan of T. rivularis (which I don't think is existent in the hobby) but the colors are nearly black on the dorsal side and blood orange/red on the ventral side :)
TatoTesla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2016   #3 (permalink)
Field Herper

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 27
Comments: 12
Rep: sde is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgsde is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgsde is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgsde is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgsde is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgsde is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.org
Default Re: Your favorite coloration of T.granulosa?

I voted brown with orange belly and brown with gold (yellow?) belly, though i do really like dark brown with an orange belly as well. However probably my favorites are the "golden" ones, as i call them, which are a light brown, but that's not a poll option.

Tags
color, poll, rough-skinned newt, taricha, taricha granulosa