The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Albino A.lugubris

This is a discussion on Albino A.lugubris within the Plethodontids and Lungless Salamanders (Bolitoglossa, Eurycea, Plethodon, etc.) forums, part of the Species, Genus & Family Discussions category; Quite the interesting find. http://forums.kingsnake.com/view.php?id=1007006,1007006...

Plethodontids and Lungless Salamanders (Bolitoglossa, Eurycea, Plethodon, etc.) The largest, and one of the most diverse groups of salamanders, these salamanders have all evolved to breathe solely through their skin and are found almost exclusively in North America.

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15th February 2006   #1 (permalink)
russ

Gallery Images:
Comments:

Quite the interesting find.

http://forums.kingsnake.com/view.php?id=1007006,1007006

Old 21st February 2006   #2 (permalink)
john

Gallery Images:
Comments:

Now that would be cool to add to a breeding project!

Old 22nd February 2006   #3 (permalink)
russ

Gallery Images:
Comments:

I'm already working on it with him.

Old 22nd February 2006   #4 (permalink)
john

Gallery Images:
Comments:

Awesome! keep us informed!

Old 23rd May 2007   #5 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 44
Comments: 5
Rep: rust is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgrust is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgrust is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgrust is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgrust is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgrust is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.org

Well, the albino lug turned out to be a male. I put him with two females last fall and got the first clutch last week. The second female is hanging under the same cover so I suspect she will deposit there too.

My big old Seaside female that laid a 40+ clutch last spring has laid again, but I'm trying to not disturb her so I can't get a count on them.

And one of my vagrans has laid for the third year in a row, except this time I can see some developement! This was a surprise since the last two clutches were laid in the fall.

War is Peace
rust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2007   #6 (permalink)
Erik
(ek)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: ek has started on the right path

I'm glad someone was finally successful with vagrans! Congratulations on that. That was such a frustrating species for me.....years and years of infertile eggs despite males being present.

Hopefully you'll have some little hetero babies this year.

ek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2007   #7 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Rep: rust is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgrust is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgrust is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgrust is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgrust is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgrust is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.org

Years and years is right, this is my seventh year with the same trio of vagrans!

One of the female lugs I'm breeding with the albino male was actually found with him. I'm hoping she is a het sibling.

War is Peace
Old 23rd May 2007   #8 (permalink)
Founder

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 204
Comments: 118
Rep: John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)

Well done Russ. By the way, the original photo link doesn't work any more. Could you show us a photo again please?

Old 23rd May 2007   #9 (permalink)
Administrator

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 97
Comments: 46
Rep: Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11

Nice going, Russ! Your photo of A. lugubris under the pot with her eggs is still one of my all-time favorite photos. (It's the June 2005 photo at this link, for anyone who wants to see.)

Jennewt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2007   #10 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:

Jen, thanks, it's one of my favories too! Especially since I'm really just a photography hack, so that was one in a million.

John, here's that male again. I've actually been pondering taking a trip out to CA to look around the exact locale it came from for any possible siblings.
Attached Thumbnails
Albino A.lugubris-albinoa.lugubris2.jpg  

War is Peace
Old 24th May 2007   #11 (permalink)
Founder

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 204
Comments: 118
Rep: John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)

You're lying! You found that in Roswell, New Mexico.

Old 24th May 2007   #12 (permalink)
Administrator

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 97
Comments: 46
Rep: Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11

Either that or he found it in one of the nuclear waste repositories in Los Alamos, New Mexico

Jennewt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2007   #13 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:

Well, I found a second clutch today! Small (~6), but awesome.

War is Peace
Old 26th June 2007   #14 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:

Well, someone ate the first clutch and part of the second, with the remainder of the second being abandoned. So I guess it's seperation and isolation for them next April..

War is Peace
Old 27th June 2007   #15 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 7
Comments: 30
Rep: i_love_necturus has given good advice and informationi_love_necturus has given good advice and informationi_love_necturus has given good advice and information
Thumbs down Ohh darn!

Oh drat! Thats to bad, good luck in the long run. Weird looking albino, by the way!

Last edited by John; 28th November 2007 at 20:17.
i_love_necturus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2007   #16 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:

Very dissapointing, but at least my Seaside lugubris clutch looks awesome (as usual).

RUSS

War is Peace
Old 28th March 2010   #17 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Default Re: Albino A.lugubris

This guy has grown into a brute. Three seasons of eggs from the female he was found with and still no fertile ones. Maybe this will be the year!
Attached Thumbnails
Albino A.lugubris-dscf0908.jpg  

War is Peace
Old 29th March 2010   #18 (permalink)
Caudata.org Donor

Nationality:
Rep: Alejandro has given consistently good advice and informationAlejandro has given consistently good advice and informationAlejandro has given consistently good advice and information

What a nice animal! Thank you very much for sharing with us.

Alejandro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2010   #19 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: deliriah is an unknown quantity at this point

What a strangly georgeous creature!

deliriah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2011   #20 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: passport is an unknown quantity at this point

any update of albino juvies?

passport is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
albino, alugubris

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 170 (Set)

454, AaronK, ahritchie, Alejandro, Aneides, apocalyptica139, axolotlgangster, Azhael, Badmungo, beefsteak, bellabelloo, Ben Krysa, bewilderbeast, BILLY JAMES, BlakeK, botanyboy03, caleb, caudatadude28, chalcenterous, Chamaeleo, charlene marsde, chrisf, chuempfner, Compay, craig, crossmyheart, cynopsonico, daedae, dbh, Dcerdeiras, deliriah, Dendro Dave, desertiguana, Diogo Juliao, duncan, EasternNewtLove, Eft Lover, eljorgo, emraldharlequin, EnriKe, erfus, Ezequiel Nahuel, fabian, froggy, GeoNewt, grapeape, Greatwtehunter, Gx3, Hadar, Herphunter1998, hornemadness, Hunter9, insituexsitu, instanbull, Italicus, JacksonR, Jake Hutton, Jaku, Jari B, jaster, Jay Redbond, Jennewt, JessKB, jkooiman, John, Jordi, jriforgiate, jsinwunsch, JudyTRR, k11white37, KennyDB, KevinS, keynewt, Knobtailedgecko, KW, Lamb, lchakan, leopard3000, lexus465, Limede, Linus, Logan, Lugubris, lyndsayvincent, MarioR, Mathew, matt3civic, maxim, Maxorz, meganlangreck, merk199, methodik, michael, Molch, Molkah, monkeyfrogman28, Nathan050793, Neotenic_Jaymes, nhaislip, Nicholas, Niels D, nikolaus, nkanderson, obicat, ODell, olmrudyk, onetwentysix, oregon newt, otolith, Otterwoman, ozarkhellbender, papa smurf, passport, pete, peter5930, pezzatos, potogold71, Pulk, RABW, RanRan, reinderhaar, rnixon, robkeulers, Rudi, rust, Salaman, Salamandar, salamander1, salamanderfreak, saydemir, Scorpion, Shadow, Shizeric, shmifty5, shotgun, sirus14, Sith the turtle, skyler, slater, slowfoot, smashtoad, smily sam, Spectacled90, stanleyc, stavroske, supergrappler, svenh, taherman, TomaszJanulewic, tony, tonymontanaflows, trailsofslime, Triturus, vacamoo25, vide, VirgiChris, Vort, Warren Spencer, Xanthra, Yahilles, yama, yanger, yellowman4005, Zach42, Zalth
LinkBack