The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Aneides

This is a discussion on Aneides within the Plethodontids and Lungless Salamanders (Bolitoglossa, Eurycea, Plethodon, etc.) forums, part of the Species, Genus & Family Discussions category; Who all out there is working with Aneides? I'm looking for people interested in working with some CB Aneides lugubris. ...

Plethodontids and Lungless Salamanders (Bolitoglossa, Eurycea, Plethodon, etc.) The largest, and one of the most diverse groups of salamanders, these salamanders have all evolved to breathe solely through their skin and are found almost exclusively in North America.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 5th February 2005   #1 (permalink)
russ

Gallery Images:
Comments:

Who all out there is working with Aneides? I'm looking for people interested in working with some CB Aneides lugubris. These are the ones I originally had for sale here. But after some further thought, I decided I had put too much work into these animals to just go to the highest bidder.

RUSS

Old 5th February 2005   #2 (permalink)
josh

Gallery Images:
Comments:

well, my friend dave loves lugubris. he has been debating on getting a small colony to breed. i believe once he sees one, he will want to. lol. dont you have aneides aeneus that bred for you??

Old 6th February 2005   #3 (permalink)
russ

Gallery Images:
Comments:

I have one gravid A.aeneus, my fingers are crossed. Though I'll most likely retain all of the first clutch because my colony of that locale is so small (1.1.2).

I have at least one gravid A.vagrans but with the flavs I can't tell. They're the only Aneides that I can't see the eggs through their abdomens, so I just keep checking.

The lugubris are from Seaside (Monterey). I have at least one female from that locale gravid this season. I figure if I can disperse a couple of unsexed pairs from last year's clutch and match them up with a couple from this year's we would be headed down the right road.

I'll drop you guys a note.

RUSS

Old 6th February 2005   #4 (permalink)
jarid

Gallery Images:
Comments:

Sounds like a plan Russ. Did you get my e-mail?

Old 7th February 2005   #5 (permalink)
russ

Gallery Images:
Comments:

Sorry for the slow response (or none at all). I'm in Atlanta and just found out they're migrating my server while I'm gone so I have no e-mail capabilities.

RUSS

Old 7th February 2005   #6 (permalink)
jarid

Gallery Images:
Comments:

No problem Russ. =) Do you have any instant messaging program you can use? I have a few questions for you on the Aneides. I am interested in possibly getting some.

Old 8th February 2005   #7 (permalink)
russ

Gallery Images:
Comments:

Nope, too techy. I have a temp fix if you want to resend you message.

RUSS

Old 8th February 2005   #8 (permalink)
jarid

Gallery Images:
Comments:

Alright, will do.

Old 14th February 2005   #9 (permalink)
jarid

Gallery Images:
Comments:

Hey Russ, is your e-mail down again?

Old 14th February 2005   #10 (permalink)
russ

Gallery Images:
Comments:

Up this morning, down this afternoon. What can I say, it's a government system. LOL!

RUSS

Old 15th February 2005   #11 (permalink)
jarid

Gallery Images:
Comments:

Haha! I understand. =P So I am assuming you didn't get my last e-mail, again. Click the image to open in full size. You need a hotmail acct Russ. hehe

Old 16th March 2005   #12 (permalink)
paris

Gallery Images:
Comments:

russ
-im keeping my fingers crossed too - my female has gotten quite plump in the last month (i will post comparison pics next week-spring break is a time to catch up on photography projects). if she does lay this year it will mean she is probably a biannual breeder since she laid for me 2 years ago (but this time i have a camera!) bummer is i have 2.1 adults and 3 offspring from her i kept from the last batch-so im going to hope one of her offspring is a female so i can pair it up with the lone male for some genetic diversity. if all goes well we could do a baby swap...Click the image to open in full size.

Old 16th March 2005   #13 (permalink)
russ

Gallery Images:
Comments:

Where are your's from?

RUSS

Old 21st March 2005   #14 (permalink)
eddie

Gallery Images:
Comments:

I had worked with A.lugubris and A.flavipunctatus but did not keep them long enough to try and breed them,I gave mine to a friend who did breed the A.lugubris.Without giving exact location,my A.lugubris were from san mateo county,CA.

Tags
aneides

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 17 (Set)

Aneides, azn567, Badmungo, gekogirl, Hunter9, KennyDB, meleon, MikeM, ODell, potogold71, rnixon, salamandersnaz, sirus14, skyler, tristan 92, Yahilles
LinkBack