The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Breeding redbacks?

This is a discussion on Breeding redbacks? within the Plethodontids and Lungless Salamanders (Bolitoglossa, Eurycea, Plethodon, etc.) forums, part of the Species, Genus & Family Discussions category; Has anyone had successful breeding of redback salamanders, if so what did you do to help them along. Are there ...

Plethodontids and Lungless Salamanders (Bolitoglossa, Eurycea, Plethodon, etc.) The largest, and one of the most diverse groups of salamanders, these salamanders have all evolved to breathe solely through their skin and are found almost exclusively in North America.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18th June 2003   #1 (permalink)
ty

Gallery Images:
Comments:

Has anyone had successful breeding of redback salamanders, if so what did you do to help them along. Are there any signs of progression or "dances". thanks for the help! I'll post pics if possible.

Old 19th June 2003   #2 (permalink)
nate

Gallery Images:
Comments:

I haven't personally, but it's been done. I know of several instances of breeding with P. serratus in laboratory settings. About the only thing you can do to help them along is cool them off for the winter.

Old 28th June 2003   #3 (permalink)
chris

Gallery Images:
Comments:

What temp do I lower it to? What all do you breed,Nate?Click the image to open in full size.

Tags
breeding, redbacks

(View-All Members who have read this thread since 20th August 2017, 19:06 (Set) (Clear)

There are no names to display.
LinkBack