The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Herping for sallies in east tennessee mountains

This is a discussion on Herping for sallies in east tennessee mountains within the Plethodontids and Lungless Salamanders (Bolitoglossa, Eurycea, Plethodon, etc.) forums, part of the Species, Genus & Family Discussions category; I live in the smoky mountains and go on alot of herping trips for all kinds of amphibians and reptiles. ...

Plethodontids and Lungless Salamanders (Bolitoglossa, Eurycea, Plethodon, etc.) The largest, and one of the most diverse groups of salamanders, these salamanders have all evolved to breathe solely through their skin and are found almost exclusively in North America.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17th June 2003   #1 (permalink)
salamander

Gallery Images:
Comments:

I live in the smoky mountains and go on alot of herping trips for all kinds of amphibians and reptiles. I was wandering if anyone knew of any little known spots in the southern appalachian mountains i could check out. Also if you would like I could get some photos from the trips. thanksClick the image to open in full size.

Old 18th June 2003   #2 (permalink)
henk

Gallery Images:
Comments:

Hai
well I live in Belgium but have been herping in the Appalachians this spring and enjoyed it alot. I would love to see some pictures of your successes especially if oyu find anything looking like slimy salamanders out there, since I was surprised by the variety of this group of species over the length of the trip we made (Virginia, Tennessee, Carolina and even Georgia)

Old 18th June 2003   #3 (permalink)
isaiah

Gallery Images:
Comments:

Like this. Found in Missouri Click the image to open in full size.

Old 19th June 2003   #4 (permalink)
salamander

Gallery Images:
Comments:

ok I'll keep you posted with info and pics. We are going on a trip tonight.YEAH!!

Tags
east, herping, mountains, sallies, tennessee

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 8 (Set)

Aneides, cfrog711, Herphunter1998, MattM, sirus14, Snakes0415, Vort, warrior
LinkBack