The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Plethodon Cinereus

This is a discussion on Plethodon Cinereus within the Plethodontids and Lungless Salamanders (Bolitoglossa, Eurycea, Plethodon, etc.) forums, part of the Species, Genus & Family Discussions category; Hey i breed this kind and when they are old enough i let them go and im starting this thread ...

Plethodontids and Lungless Salamanders (Bolitoglossa, Eurycea, Plethodon, etc.) The largest, and one of the most diverse groups of salamanders, these salamanders have all evolved to breathe solely through their skin and are found almost exclusively in North America.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25th April 2003   #1 (permalink)
joey

Gallery Images:
Comments:

Hey i breed this kind and when they are old enough i let them go and im starting this thread so i get to know other redbacked breeders

Old 26th April 2003   #2 (permalink)
(unregistered

Gallery Images:
Comments:

I'm pretty sure that's illegal but I could be wrong?Maybe its re-releasing WC animals?But it's not really great to do because you could introduce diseases to native populations.

Old 26th April 2003   #3 (permalink)
joey

Gallery Images:
Comments:

what do you mean i shouldnt let them go

Old 26th April 2003   #4 (permalink)
joey

Gallery Images:
Comments:

i didnt let any go yet i just got my first batch of eggs and one hatched so far so what do i do with them after they hatch should i sell them i thought it would help increase their population in the wild but i guess i was wrong thanksfor telling me that before i let them go.

Old 26th April 2003   #5 (permalink)
Site Contributor

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: TJ is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgTJ is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgTJ is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgTJ is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgTJ is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgTJ is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.org

I've also read of the dangers of exposing non-native diseases to native populations when releasing animals back into the wild. Too bad, as I was keen on releasing most of my H.tokyoensis larvae to the same location where their egg sac was found once they morph. There are a couple articles on this topic at:

http://www.anapsid.org/release.html
http://www.anapsid.org/neilsen.html

TJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cinereus, plethodon

(View-All Members who have read this thread since 19th June 2017, 05:15 (Set) (Clear)

There are no names to display.
LinkBack