The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Marc Staniszewski book mistake?

This is a discussion on Marc Staniszewski book mistake? within the Plethodontids and Lungless Salamanders (Bolitoglossa, Eurycea, Plethodon, etc.) forums, part of the Species, Genus & Family Discussions category; Looking through my newly aquired "Amphibians in Captivity" book I noticed a picture labled as an Aneides ferrus specimen displaying ...

Plethodontids and Lungless Salamanders (Bolitoglossa, Eurycea, Plethodon, etc.) The largest, and one of the most diverse groups of salamanders, these salamanders have all evolved to breathe solely through their skin and are found almost exclusively in North America.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19th April 2003   #1 (permalink)
travis

Gallery Images:
Comments:

Looking through my newly aquired "Amphibians in Captivity" book I noticed a picture labled as an Aneides ferrus specimen displaying "unusual green tints". It appears to me to be an Aneides aeneus and even has very squared toes like the A. aeneus I keep. Can anyone verify if this is actually a A. ferrus.
Not that it really matters,it still is a great book but I was just wondering.
-Travis

Old 20th April 2003   #2 (permalink)
nate

Gallery Images:
Comments:

There are a few inaccuracies in Marc's book, which is to be expected in a text attempting to cover so much. I don't own the book personally, and don't remember if his Aneides photos were improperly captioned, but it's a common mistake and wouldn't surprise me.

Tags
book, marc, mistake, staniszewski

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 13 (Set)

AlanS, Aneides, CaesarsAnimals, caleb, chalcenterous, Chinadog, exotics, Hooky87, htf666, Jan, mr cyclone, SalamanderAlan, Yahilles
LinkBack