The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Aneides vagrans eggs

This is a discussion on Aneides vagrans eggs within the Plethodontids and Lungless Salamanders (Bolitoglossa, Eurycea, Plethodon, etc.) forums, part of the Species, Genus & Family Discussions category; I pulled my vargrans clutch today to put on perlite. I've had pretty good success pulling lugubris at 60 days ...

Plethodontids and Lungless Salamanders (Bolitoglossa, Eurycea, Plethodon, etc.) The largest, and one of the most diverse groups of salamanders, these salamanders have all evolved to breathe solely through their skin and are found almost exclusively in North America.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10th June 2007   #1 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 44
Comments: 5
Rep: rust is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgrust is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgrust is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgrust is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgrust is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgrust is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.org
Default Aneides vagrans eggs

I pulled my vargrans clutch today to put on perlite. I've had pretty good success pulling lugubris at 60 days so I thought I'd try it with these. Really I had no choice, if they hatched in the enclosure I'd never find them all. A small clutch but a big success for me.
Attached Thumbnails
Aneides vagrans eggs-.vagrans10jun07.jpg  

War is Peace
rust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2007   #2 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Rep: rust is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgrust is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgrust is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgrust is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgrust is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgrust is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.org

I think I got a first. The first hatchling at ~75 days.
Attached Thumbnails
Aneides vagrans eggs-.vagrans02jul07-1.jpg  

War is Peace
Old 3rd July 2007   #3 (permalink)
Administrator

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 97
Comments: 46
Rep: Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11

Good work, Russ!

Jennewt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2007   #4 (permalink)
Site Contributor

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 45
Comments: 62
Rep: Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11

Big round of applause!

Kaysie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2007   #5 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:

Thanks. They're sure some small buggers. Hopefully it doesn't take me another seven years to get F2s!!

War is Peace
Old 21st December 2007   #6 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:

Here's a pic from today. The ones I retained are definitely growing at different rates. I see this lugubris quite often too.
Attached Thumbnails
Aneides vagrans eggs-.v.21dec07.jpg  

War is Peace
Old 22nd December 2007   #7 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 6
Comments: 1
Rep: Slimy2 has given consistently good advice and informationSlimy2 has given consistently good advice and informationSlimy2 has given consistently good advice and informationSlimy2 has given consistently good advice and information
Thumbs up nice job

It must be tough work getting fertile eggs from these guys. A job well done!

Slimy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2007   #8 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 3
Comments: 1
Rep: VirgiChris has shown reliable knowledgeVirgiChris has shown reliable knowledge

congratulation !

VirgiChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2009   #9 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 2
Comments: 4
Rep: bewilderbeast is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgbewilderbeast is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgbewilderbeast is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgbewilderbeast is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgbewilderbeast is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgbewilderbeast is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.org
Default Re: Aneides vagrans eggs

have you written a book on breeding Aneides?? because I'll buy it...

bewilderbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2009   #10 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:

No, but I do owe this site an article on it.

War is Peace
Old 5th February 2011   #11 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: Aneides has started on the right path

YOU ARE THE MAN!!!!! I love all Aneides! I would love to see an article on caring for Aneides from you! Also, I would like to see a list of salamanders you keep.

Aneides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2011   #12 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: nhaislip has shown reliable knowledgenhaislip has shown reliable knowledge

Very nice Russ. You seem to be the man when it comes to aneides breeding. Congrats on another very cool species breeding

nhaislip is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aneides, eggs, vagrans

LinkBack