The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Plethodon glutinosus and their tank :)

This is a discussion on Plethodon glutinosus and their tank :) within the Plethodontids and Lungless Salamanders (Bolitoglossa, Eurycea, Plethodon, etc.) forums, part of the Species, Genus & Family Discussions category; So i finally got myself a trio of slimy salamanders and i have to say im hooked for life. Though ...

Plethodontids and Lungless Salamanders (Bolitoglossa, Eurycea, Plethodon, etc.) The largest, and one of the most diverse groups of salamanders, these salamanders have all evolved to breathe solely through their skin and are found almost exclusively in North America.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19th April 2008   #1 (permalink)
Site Contributor

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 19
Comments: 2
Rep: Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)
Default Plethodon glutinosus and their tank :)

So i finally got myself a trio of slimy salamanders and i have to say im hooked for life. Though ive always been more a european/asian caudates person, i had something for plethodontids....but now that ive seen them in real life....i want them all xDDDDD
They are two juveniles and a (supposedly) male.
Theres also a pic of their tank. I hope its perfectly suitable for them.
Attached Thumbnails
Plethodon glutinosus and their tank :)-p1060258222222.jpg   Plethodon glutinosus and their tank :)-p1060272333333333333.jpg   Plethodon glutinosus and their tank :)-p1060264444444444.jpg  

Useful Links: Caudata Culture | Species Accounts | Care Articles | Newt and Salamander FAQs | Axolotl.org | Axolotl FAQs | Forum Functions.

Non Timetis Messor.
Azhael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2008   #2 (permalink)
Caudata.org Donor

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: Nathan050793 is a mainstay of Caudata.orgNathan050793 is a mainstay of Caudata.orgNathan050793 is a mainstay of Caudata.orgNathan050793 is a mainstay of Caudata.orgNathan050793 is a mainstay of Caudata.orgNathan050793 is a mainstay of Caudata.orgNathan050793 is a mainstay of Caudata.org

It looks fantastic! It does resemble habitats I've found them in.

Wollemi
(Look around you)
-Australian Aboriginal saying

Nathan050793 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2008   #3 (permalink)
Site Contributor

Nationality:
Rep: Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)

Thank you :)
Thats what i was hoping for...they really seem to enjoy the set-up, with all the posibilities to hide.

Useful Links: Caudata Culture | Species Accounts | Care Articles | Newt and Salamander FAQs | Axolotl.org | Axolotl FAQs | Forum Functions.

Non Timetis Messor.
Old 20th April 2008   #4 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 6
Comments: 1
Rep: Slimy2 has given consistently good advice and informationSlimy2 has given consistently good advice and informationSlimy2 has given consistently good advice and informationSlimy2 has given consistently good advice and information
Thumbs up Nice!

I must agree with Nathan. It looks just like the habitats I find them in. The sals look nice too.

Slimy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2008   #5 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: Plethodonae has started on the right path
Default Re: Nice!

Very nice setup!!! I'm keeping one P.Cinereus in a viv sort of like yours. Except more plants. But yours is fantastic! I give it 5 stars.

Old 31st March 2010   #6 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: jctkc is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Plethodon glutinosus and their tank :)

What do you feed these guys and how often? I had some morph from their larvae stage and I got them to eat crickets, but i don't want to go to the pet store every two weeks for crickets.

Thanks

jctkc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2010   #7 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 6
Rep: Slimy2 has given consistently good advice and informationSlimy2 has given consistently good advice and informationSlimy2 has given consistently good advice and informationSlimy2 has given consistently good advice and information

Earthworms are a perfect food for slimy salamanders and they were the staple diet for mine, however, I have fed them mealworms, termites and various beetle larvae that I find in the woods. I fed mine every two or three days.

-Cameron

Slimy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2010   #8 (permalink)
Site Contributor

Nationality:

Jctkc, i dont know what you have, but they cant be Plethodon glutinosus...
P.glutinosus lays eggs on land and theres no larval phase, they are born already as miniature adults.

Non Timetis Messor.
Old 17th May 2010   #9 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: deliriah is an unknown quantity at this point

Beautiful setup! And beautiful animals too.

deliriah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2010   #10 (permalink)
Banned

Nationality:
Comments: 27
Rep: eljorgo has given consistently excellent advice and informationeljorgo has given consistently excellent advice and informationeljorgo has given consistently excellent advice and informationeljorgo has given consistently excellent advice and information

Rodrigo nice animals! They look amazing! May I ask were did you got those adults?

eljorgo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
glutinosus, plethodon, salamander, slimy, tank

LinkBack