The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Eurycea bislineata tank

This is a discussion on Eurycea bislineata tank within the Plethodontids and Lungless Salamanders (Bolitoglossa, Eurycea, Plethodon, etc.) forums, part of the Species, Genus & Family Discussions category; I get in probably 4 week Eurycea bislineata and I was wondering if people want to post there bislineata tank ...

Plethodontids and Lungless Salamanders (Bolitoglossa, Eurycea, Plethodon, etc.) The largest, and one of the most diverse groups of salamanders, these salamanders have all evolved to breathe solely through their skin and are found almost exclusively in North America.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29th September 2009   #1 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 1
Comments: 1
Rep: Jari B has shown reliable knowledge
Default Eurycea bislineata tank

I get in probably 4 week Eurycea bislineata and I was wondering if people want to post there bislineata tank pictures here.
So I get some ideas how I can make my own bislineata tank.
Sorry for my bad Englisch.

Jari B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2009   #2 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 298
Comments: 24
Rep: Greatwtehunter goes to 11Greatwtehunter goes to 11Greatwtehunter goes to 11Greatwtehunter goes to 11Greatwtehunter goes to 11Greatwtehunter goes to 11Greatwtehunter goes to 11Greatwtehunter goes to 11Greatwtehunter goes to 11Greatwtehunter goes to 11Greatwtehunter goes to 11
Default Re: Eurycea bislineata tank

Are you wanting to keep them aquatic or terrestrial? Here is a simple aquatic setup I keep mine in. I'll try and get a picture of the terrestrial tank later on tonight.

Old 29th September 2009   #3 (permalink)

Nationality:

I want them aquatic or semi aquatic I am not sure about that.
But I really want to see your terrestrial set up.
And I hope more pictures will follow.

Old 29th September 2009   #4 (permalink)
Founder

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 204
Comments: 118
Rep: John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)

I think that's too aquatic. I have found them very far from water bodies. I found some last week under a log in a moist depression in a young woodland.

Old 29th September 2009   #5 (permalink)
Administrator

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 58
Comments: 71
Rep: Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11

Here is a thread on bislineata tanks:
http://www.caudata.org/forum/advance...eata-tank.html

Useful Links: Caudata Culture | Species Accounts | Care Articles | Newt and Salamander FAQs | Axolotl.org | Axolotl FAQs | Forum Functions | My Blog
Otterwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2009   #6 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 298
Comments: 24
Rep: Greatwtehunter goes to 11Greatwtehunter goes to 11Greatwtehunter goes to 11Greatwtehunter goes to 11Greatwtehunter goes to 11Greatwtehunter goes to 11Greatwtehunter goes to 11Greatwtehunter goes to 11Greatwtehunter goes to 11Greatwtehunter goes to 11Greatwtehunter goes to 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by John View Post
I think that's too aquatic. I have found them very far from water bodies. I found some last week under a log in a moist depression in a young woodland.
Sure, I've found them a ways from water as well, but I have also found them in 16in of water under rocks. This is one species where the keeper can decide which setup they want to have. Regardless of which way you choose if your looking to try and breed this species then keep mind reproduction is aquatic. Which in my case I had gravid females and I was trying to get them to lay.

Old 30th September 2009   #7 (permalink)

Nationality:

I want to make a tank for my bislineata that is 1 meter long with lots of stone's and a part of land that i want to make with stone's from a street and then I put mos on it and pieces of wood.

Old 30th September 2009   #8 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: KennyDB has started on the right path

Quote:
Originally Posted by John View Post
I think that's too aquatic...
Yes I think so to, a friend of mine has kept/bred them this way: A big 2meter tank, half of it filled with moist forestfloor and rotten logs, half waterpart with flowing water and stones. Most of the time they were under the logs.

I'm currently making a new tank, I'll post some pictures to

KennyDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2009   #9 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: geganewt has started on the right path

As everyone has said it's really up to the keeper but when I had mine they were in a tank that was half and half, pretty simple, the terrestrial side was gravel held in shape by a few rocks with a few pieces moss for them to hide under and a sprig of devil's ivy, the aquatic side was gravel and filter. I've found with these guys is they don't care as long as them have hiding places on land and clean water.

Old 1st October 2009   #10 (permalink)

Nationality:

Many thanks for all the responses.
When I have my tank ready I will post pictures on this topic.

Old 12th December 2010   #11 (permalink)

Nationality:

I see that some of the females got eggs in them, how long does it takes before they lay them? And is there something else how I could stimulate that.

Tags
bislineata, eurycea, tank

LinkBack