The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Eurycea longicauda setup

This is a discussion on Eurycea longicauda setup within the Plethodontids and Lungless Salamanders (Bolitoglossa, Eurycea, Plethodon, etc.) forums, part of the Species, Genus & Family Discussions category; Here's my new setup for E. longicauda . Let me know what you think. If you own them please share ...

Plethodontids and Lungless Salamanders (Bolitoglossa, Eurycea, Plethodon, etc.) The largest, and one of the most diverse groups of salamanders, these salamanders have all evolved to breathe solely through their skin and are found almost exclusively in North America.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ryno71

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17th March 2011   #1 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: ryno71 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Eurycea longicauda setup

Here's my new setup for E. longicauda. Let me know what you think. If you own them please share any pointers you have as there isn't a ton of info out there on them. Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Eurycea longicauda setup-img_0281.jpg   Eurycea longicauda setup-img_0285.jpg   Eurycea longicauda setup-img_0289.jpg  

ryno71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2011   #2 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Comments: 7
Rep: grius is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orggrius is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orggrius is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orggrius is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orggrius is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orggrius is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.org
Default Re: Eurycea longicauda setup

I have no knowledge about this species, but its a nice looking setup anyway.

grius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2011   #3 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: RADDC is an unknown quantity at this point

the setup looks pretty nice! What type of lid do you have? If its a normal screen top, there is a high likelihood they could escape. The best lids for these guys can be made from window screening material and spline (Home Depot, Lowe's, etc.). You can make a gap free escape proof lid.

RADDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2011   #4 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: Aneides has started on the right path

Cool! I don't have any direct experience with this species but I have experience in abother plethodontid salamander, Ensatina eschscholtzii. PM me if you have any questions. Anyways great setup. Always a comfort to hear from another plethodontid keeper!

Regards,
Aneides

Aneides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2011   #5 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: josh1990 has shown reliable knowledgejosh1990 has shown reliable knowledge

They will be greatly happy in such a nice sut-up.
If I may point one thing out, if none of the the water is moving it will need to be cleaned quite often; Or you could put in a small pump and circulate the water.

Josh

josh1990 is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBack