The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Fridging P. Cinereus

This is a discussion on Fridging P. Cinereus within the Plethodontids and Lungless Salamanders (Bolitoglossa, Eurycea, Plethodon, etc.) forums, part of the Species, Genus & Family Discussions category; From what I understand you need to create a large temperature change to get P. cinereus to start mating. How ...

Plethodontids and Lungless Salamanders (Bolitoglossa, Eurycea, Plethodon, etc.) The largest, and one of the most diverse groups of salamanders, these salamanders have all evolved to breathe solely through their skin and are found almost exclusively in North America.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Wildebeestking

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 1st October 2012   #1 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: Wildebeestking is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Fridging P. Cinereus

From what I understand you need to create a large temperature change to get P. cinereus to start mating. How long should I keep them in the fridge? Would temperatures between 3-10 clecius be sufficient? I've heard you can candle them to see their internal organs and be able to distinguish their sexes? How can you tell the males from females this way?

LinkBack