The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Very small Pseudotriton

This is a discussion on Very small Pseudotriton within the Plethodontids and Lungless Salamanders (Bolitoglossa, Eurycea, Plethodon, etc.) forums, part of the Species, Genus & Family Discussions category; Hello all, I wanted to post some of my photos of very small Pseudotriton that I found recently in South ...

Plethodontids and Lungless Salamanders (Bolitoglossa, Eurycea, Plethodon, etc.) The largest, and one of the most diverse groups of salamanders, these salamanders have all evolved to breathe solely through their skin and are found almost exclusively in North America.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 3rd March 2013   #1 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 17
Comments: 9
Rep: Lamb has given consistently excellent advice and informationLamb has given consistently excellent advice and informationLamb has given consistently excellent advice and informationLamb has given consistently excellent advice and informationLamb has given consistently excellent advice and information
Default Very small Pseudotriton

Hello all,

I wanted to post some of my photos of very small Pseudotriton that I found recently in South Mississippi. Based on the adults and larger larvae that I've found in the same locality, I'm assuming that these are P. ruber. The first photo is of a hatchling sized larva (SVL 12, TL 31 mm), and the second is of one that is a bit larger (SVL 20, TL 38). Both are being raised in the lab.
Attached Thumbnails
Very small Pseudotriton-p.rub-tc-26-pr19-09sp-ward-bayou-jackson-co-20130302_43-1024x768-.jpg   Very small Pseudotriton-p.rub-tc-27-pr20-09sp-ward-bayou-jackson-co-20130302_49-1024x768-.jpg  

Lamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2013   #2 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: Todd Pierson has given good advice and informationTodd Pierson has given good advice and information
Default Re: Very small Pseudotriton

Sure is--nice!

Todd Pierson is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBack