The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Dusky Salamander Color Morph

This is a discussion on Dusky Salamander Color Morph within the Plethodontids and Lungless Salamanders (Bolitoglossa, Eurycea, Plethodon, etc.) forums, part of the Species, Genus & Family Discussions category; While herping in Southern Ohio I came across this guy along with two other normal colored Duskies, but this one ...

Plethodontids and Lungless Salamanders (Bolitoglossa, Eurycea, Plethodon, etc.) The largest, and one of the most diverse groups of salamanders, these salamanders have all evolved to breathe solely through their skin and are found almost exclusively in North America.

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Wildebeestking
  • 1 Post By Yahilles

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 5th June 2013   #1 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: Wildebeestking is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Dusky Salamander Color Morph

While herping in Southern Ohio I came across this guy along with two other normal colored Duskies, but this one caught my attention in particular. Has anyone heard of a dusky with this sort of colouration. I'm hoping that in the next few years they might gift me with some eggs. I'm curious to see if the mutation will pass on.
Attached Thumbnails
Dusky Salamander Color Morph-img_5767.jpg   Dusky Salamander Color Morph-img_5769.jpg  

Old 5th June 2013   #2 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 4
Comments: 1
Rep: Yahilles is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgYahilles is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgYahilles is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgYahilles is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgYahilles is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.org
Default Re: Dusky Salamander Color Morph

I saw pics of duskies like that, and my friend once posted a pic of a fuscus with pink coloration mixed with natural-dark patches.

Old 7th June 2013   #3 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 1
Rep: axolotlfreak56 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Dusky Salamander Color Morph

Leucistic. Plain and simple. Its not the same as albino, but its pretty rare in the wild.

axolotlfreak56 is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBack