The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Very larg E. Eschscholtzii. :D

This is a discussion on Very larg E. Eschscholtzii. :D within the Plethodontids and Lungless Salamanders (Bolitoglossa, Eurycea, Plethodon, etc.) forums, part of the Species, Genus & Family Discussions category; Hi all, just wanted to share some info on a very large E. Eschscholtzii I found ( man Eschscholtzii is ...

Plethodontids and Lungless Salamanders (Bolitoglossa, Eurycea, Plethodon, etc.) The largest, and one of the most diverse groups of salamanders, these salamanders have all evolved to breathe solely through their skin and are found almost exclusively in North America.

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By sde

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 3rd December 2013   #1 (permalink)
Field Herper

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 27
Comments: 12
Rep: sde is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgsde is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgsde is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgsde is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgsde is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgsde is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.org
Default Very larg E. Eschscholtzii. :D

Hi all, just wanted to share some info on a very large E. Eschscholtzii I found ( man Eschscholtzii is a hard name! ).

I think it is a female but not positive. I found it under a small rock in a little patch of rocks. She is a whopping 41/2 inches total length, and 21/2 snout to vent length ( I have a bad memory but I am almost positive that was the size, if not bigger ). Here are the pics. Enjoy! -Seth
Attached Thumbnails
Very larg E. Eschscholtzii. :D-p1130803.jpg   Very larg E. Eschscholtzii. :D-p1130814.jpg   Very larg E. Eschscholtzii. :D-p1130816.jpg  

LinkBack