The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

A. Tigrinum isn't burrowing

This is a discussion on A. Tigrinum isn't burrowing within the Tiger Salamander & Axolotl (Ambystoma tigrinum, A. mavortium spp, etc.) forums, part of the Species, Genus & Family Discussions category; I have a Tiger Salamander that I believe to be female. Anyways, two days I upgrade her viv from a ...

Tiger Salamander & Axolotl (Ambystoma tigrinum, A. mavortium spp, etc.) The Tiger Salamanders and the Axolotl are so popular amongst hobbyists that they have been given their own topic. If you're particularly interested in the Axolotl, there is a large section of the forum devoted mainly to beginner Axolotl enthusiasts (not this topic).

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 31st May 2017   #1 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: Klub708 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default A. Tigrinum isn't burrowing

I have a Tiger Salamander that I believe to be female. Anyways, two days I upgrade her viv from a pure ecoearth tank to a more natural one with a drainage layer and a layer of plants and leaf litter. Since I updated her tank she has not made any attempt to burrow which scares me because that is all she did before. I have read that having the security of a place to hide( leaf litter) makes them more bold but this is downright wierd. I am worried because I got her from a person that kept her with two much larger salamanders that beat up on her and stole her food and so I have been nursing her back to health. Any insight is appreciated.

PS the frozen water bottle is there to keep the temp down.

Klub708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2017   #2 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 4
Rep: alexps is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: A. Tigrinum isn't burrowing

it may be spooked by the changes give her some cork to hide under and check things are not to dry for her

alexps is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBack