The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store Donate

leucistic axo with pigmentation

This is a discussion on leucistic axo with pigmentation within the Tiger Salamander & Axolotl (Ambystoma tigrinum, A. mavortium spp, etc.) forums, part of the Species, Genus & Family Discussions category; I would like to share some pictures of my new born axies. I'll show you the mother, the larva in ...

Tiger Salamander & Axolotl (Ambystoma tigrinum, A. mavortium spp, etc.) The Tiger Salamanders and the Axolotl are so popular amongst hobbyists that they have been given their own topic. If you're particularly interested in the Axolotl, there is a large section of the forum devoted mainly to beginner Axolotl enthusiasts (not this topic).

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26th July 2007   #1 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 6
Rep: huug has given good advice and informationhuug has given good advice and informationhuug has given good advice and information
Red face leucistic axo with pigmentation

I would like to share some pictures of my new born axies.
I'll show you the mother, the larva in the beginning en the larva right now.
They are all leucistic with black spots on the face but the father is red eye albino.
Attached Thumbnails
leucistic axo with pigmentation-clownskop.jpg   leucistic axo with pigmentation-img_1575-800x600-.jpg   leucistic axo with pigmentation-img_1989-640x480-.jpg  
huug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2007   #2 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 45
Comments: 62
Rep: Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11

Pretty axies. You may notice the babies get more 'freckles' as they get bigger.
Kaysie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2007   #3 (permalink)
Caudata.org Donor

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 19
Comments: 2
Rep: mantighoul has given consistently good advice and informationmantighoul has given consistently good advice and informationmantighoul has given consistently good advice and information

Great pictures, I have always been in love with leutistice with frekles, though I have never seen one in real life.I like to refer to them as having a "dirty face" or "playing in the mud".Thanks for sharing. cure mother. Goodluck raising those babies!
mantighoul is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
axo, leucistic, pigmentation