The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Laotriton laoensis

This is a discussion on Laotriton laoensis within the Warty Newts (Paramesotriton & Laotriton) & Paddletail Newts (Pachytriton forums, part of the Species, Genus & Family Discussions category; I picked up animals from two breeders at Gersfeld 2 of the smaller ones died from 1 breeder but I ...

Warty Newts (Paramesotriton & Laotriton) & Paddletail Newts (Pachytriton Often sold incorrectly as Japanese fire-bellied newts, these territorial newts are distinct from other genera and very interesting in their own right.

Like Tree49Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 5th December 2015   #81 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: mr cyclone is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgmr cyclone is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgmr cyclone is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgmr cyclone is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgmr cyclone is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.org
Default Re: Laotriton laoensis

I picked up animals from two breeders at Gersfeld 2 of the smaller ones died from 1 breeder but I still have these beauties.
I have also raised 1 from egg that morphed but is really small and hardly eats and is quite problematic I have found these animals to be very pretty on the eye but particularly slow to raise and tricky to say the least , I can't wait for them to go aquatic
Attached Thumbnails
Laotriton laoensis-image.jpg  

mr cyclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2015   #82 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11

I love how disproportionate baby Laotriton look with their massive heads, a bit like T. verrucosus, only more so. Mind you, I saw some adults recently and they were pretty impressive as well, its a shame they are so nocturnal.
Good luck with them mate! :)

Chinadog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2015   #83 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: mr cyclone is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgmr cyclone is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgmr cyclone is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgmr cyclone is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgmr cyclone is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.org

Cheers mate this is my Second go at them .once they go aquatic I will be buying a new tank to house them in. I'll post back with an update

mr cyclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2015   #84 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: Roygbiv has started on the right path

So any us people's foresee some eggs any time soon any projects lined up? Would love to hear about it and follow....

Roygbiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2015   #85 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: dutch guy has shown reliable knowledgedutch guy has shown reliable knowledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr cyclone View Post
I picked up animals from two breeders at Gersfeld 2 of the smaller ones died from 1 breeder but I still have these beauties.
I have also raised 1 from egg that morphed but is really small and hardly eats and is quite problematic I have found these animals to be very pretty on the eye but particularly slow to raise and tricky to say the least , I can't wait for them to go aquatic
Hi,mate
What a beauty's, i've seen pic's of this beautifull specie from Niels and Andre-Arthur on newt and salamanders.
When Cliff whas here, he said, this is a newt for Marianne, reading your threat i understand why.
Cheers.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn OZZY met Tapatalk

dutch guy is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBack