The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Can't find any corner box filters

This is a discussion on Can't find any corner box filters within the General Discussion forums, part of the Vivaria, Enclosures & Product Reviews category; Can someone tell me where to get a corner box filter? I can't seem to find one anywhere....

General Discussion For general enclosure/vivarium-related discussions.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 8th March 2008   #1 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 3
Comments: 10
Rep: oregon newt has given consistently excellent advice and informationoregon newt has given consistently excellent advice and informationoregon newt has given consistently excellent advice and informationoregon newt has given consistently excellent advice and informationoregon newt has given consistently excellent advice and information
Default Can't find any corner box filters

Can someone tell me where to get a corner box filter? I can't seem to find one anywhere.

Old 8th March 2008   #2 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 1
Rep: freves is a mainstay of Caudata.orgfreves is a mainstay of Caudata.orgfreves is a mainstay of Caudata.orgfreves is a mainstay of Caudata.orgfreves is a mainstay of Caudata.orgfreves is a mainstay of Caudata.org

They are difficult to find. I know that none of my local stores carry them anymore. I am not sure if they are even still produced. A lot of people (myself included) use sponge filters. If you are looking for something with activated carbon I know that there are these cartridges that are basically elaborate airstones that serve the same purpose. I cannot remember which company produces (penn plax maybe??) them but I have seen them at walmart.
Chip

freves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2008   #3 (permalink)

Nationality:
Comments: 0
Rep: shantsdude has a given some bad advice or info, or has behaved inappropriately

Oregon is Really hard to find anything for newts. I live in Medford and I have to cross to CA to get a lot of my supplies. Go to this website and it'll give you a better idea on what Newts and Salamanders are around here: www.dfw.state.or.us/wildlife/pdf/amphibians.pdf

Old 8th March 2008   #4 (permalink)
Site Contributor

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 7
Rep: paris has given consistently excellent advice and informationparis has given consistently excellent advice and informationparis has given consistently excellent advice and informationparis has given consistently excellent advice and information

try ebay or one of the fish auction sites. i use many of them but i stocked up years ago.

paris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2008   #5 (permalink)
2010 Research Grant Donor

Nationality:
Rep: michael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgmichael is considered an Authority at Caudata.org

Quote:
Originally Posted by oregon newt View Post
Can someone tell me where to get a corner box filter? I can't seem to find one anywhere.
How soon do you need them? I have a couple I could give you for shipping price. I prefer sponge filters but have some new plastic old style corner box filters sitting around. I don't know how far Bowie is from Havre De Grace, Md. I'll be at the show their on April 12. shoot me an email

michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2008   #6 (permalink)
Administrator

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 97
Comments: 46
Rep: Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11

Pet stores don't like to sell box filters because they are so cheap, and they don't trap you into buying expensive replacement cartridges... that's my theory.

If anyone else is looking and Michael runs out... thatpetplace has them:
http://www.thatpetplace.com/pet/group/10601/product.web

Old 8th March 2008   #7 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Comments: 1
Rep: freves is a mainstay of Caudata.orgfreves is a mainstay of Caudata.orgfreves is a mainstay of Caudata.orgfreves is a mainstay of Caudata.orgfreves is a mainstay of Caudata.orgfreves is a mainstay of Caudata.org

Just to ad to Jen's post here is another site http://www.jehmco.com/ I have never ordered anything from this company but they have a nice selection of practical aquarium keeping supplies.
Chip

freves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2008   #8 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 3
Comments: 10
Rep: oregon newt has given consistently excellent advice and informationoregon newt has given consistently excellent advice and informationoregon newt has given consistently excellent advice and informationoregon newt has given consistently excellent advice and informationoregon newt has given consistently excellent advice and information

Is there a certain rule for what size you get?

Tags
box, corner, filters, find

LinkBack