The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Desmognathus fuscus setup?

This is a discussion on Desmognathus fuscus setup? within the General Discussion forums, part of the Vivaria, Enclosures & Product Reviews category; Im a wildlife biology student and I just sent in a proposal to do a study on how temperature affects ...

General Discussion For general enclosure/vivarium-related discussions.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Yahilles

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26th September 2014   #1 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: theawakenedone is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Desmognathus fuscus setup?

Im a wildlife biology student and I just sent in a proposal to do a study on how temperature affects the regeneration rate of dusky sals. I kept a few before but I was just wondering since im going to have a lot (30) and I have to keep them individually to avoid confouding my results what the best set up is? When I kept mine before I had rocks, leaf litter, and a little bit of water with an aerator in it, but logistically to aerate 30 individual plastic critter cages is going to be difficult. Do they have to have aerated water? I know they're seepage dwellers, and there is some running water there. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also, to feed them I planned on getting a fruit fly colony going, any advice on how to do that? Couldn't find anything in that specific forum.

theawakenedone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2014   #2 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 4
Comments: 1
Rep: Yahilles is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgYahilles is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgYahilles is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgYahilles is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgYahilles is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.org
Default Re: Desmognathus fuscus setup?

If you have a decent air pump, just buy enough walves and split the air flow to each box, or you might want to keep them in one large box with some sort of separation for each animal and a shared water part with strong aeration.

For fruitfly culture help you should seek pages for dart frog keepers - there should be most information available.

Tags
desmognathus, dusky salamander, setup

LinkBack