The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

New floating dock

This is a discussion on New floating dock within the Photos & Pictures of Enclosures, Vivaria, etc forums, part of the Vivaria, Enclosures & Product Reviews category; I bought a floating dock today with an eco terra hollow rock hide the rock hide is massive but the ...

Photos & Pictures of Enclosures, Vivaria, etc Exhibit your setups here!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Chinadog

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22nd October 2016   #1 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: lotty has shown reliable knowledge
Default New floating dock

I bought a floating dock today with an eco terra hollow rock hide the rock hide is massive but the floating dock is big and quite good. I had to arrange the tank out to fit it in. A lot better than the one I made. Lol.
Attached Thumbnails
New floating dock-img_1847.jpg   New floating dock-img_1846.jpg  

Old 22nd October 2016   #2 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11
Default Re: New floating dock

I also use plastic (turtle) docks in my aquatic set ups rather than the usual floating cork bark. Their profile above the water line is much lower than the cork so I can fill the tanks almost to the top and take advantage of the full volume while still having enough room above the surface for the newts to emerge if they want.
I normally grow some terrestrial moss up there to make them look more natural and once it gets hold it looks quite nice.
What species do you keep in there?

Chinadog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2016   #3 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: lotty has shown reliable knowledge
Default Re: New floating dock

There are two aquatic chinese firebelly newts and the eater of the two I got from you. The JFB comes out for a swim and climbs on all the plants. I will be putting the non eater in when it starts to eat too. I have two types of terrestrial moss on the dock. As the smaller one starts to swim more and goes aquatic, I will be putting more water in. I think I will finally have the dock about 3 inches below the top of the tank so there will be a lot of swimming room for them. Then see about getting a larger tank.

LinkBack