The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Some Tank Ideas

This is a discussion on Some Tank Ideas within the Photos & Pictures of Enclosures, Vivaria, etc forums, part of the Vivaria, Enclosures & Product Reviews category; Here are some tank set-ups I came up with recently. 1 & 2. I've been keeping Marbled Newt morphs in ...

Photos & Pictures of Enclosures, Vivaria, etc Exhibit your setups here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21st October 2009   #1 (permalink)
Administrator

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 58
Comments: 71
Rep: Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11
Default Some Tank Ideas

Here are some tank set-ups I came up with recently.

1 & 2. I've been keeping Marbled Newt morphs in here. They were dying off one by one in a soil set up, but this one is working and no one has died since I started with this one. They spend most of their time in the clay pot houses, but they can choose their moisture level.

3. I'm keeping my adult T. grans in here. It's supposed to be a terrestrial tank. There's a water bowl in the middle. Normally I keep them aquatic, but I was advised that keeping them terrestrial for a time might help they lay eggs. They've been in this set up for two months, and in another week, they'll go back to their aquatic set up (that whole tank will become aquatic again).

4. I have T. grans "babies" (2 1/2 years old) that I recently moved from their baby tank to their permanent adult home. I made this tank 50/50, and some are staying in the "swamp" side, and some in the aquatic side. It's easy for them to climb over.

5. This is my old Tylo Urodelarium, for Eddie and Elektra (my breeding pair), but the two sides are presently inaccessible to each other. The aquatic side has this year's crop of babies, and the terrestrial side has the yearlings. Once all the babies are gone, I'll make the two sides accessible to each other, and let the yearlings choose how to live. Eddie and Elektra are in a similar set up, and they can go from one side to the other.

6. I'm keeing 4 Dobros in here. They sometimes haul out to the island.

7. Here's where Eddie and Elektra are now. Pretty much the same setup as their old tank, just in a different tank.
Attached Thumbnails
Some Tank Ideas-marbtank-1-sm.jpg   Some Tank Ideas-marbtanksm.jpg   Some Tank Ideas-tarichatank-1-sm.jpg   Some Tank Ideas-tarichatanksm.jpg   Some Tank Ideas-tverrbabiessm.jpg  

Some Tank Ideas-dobrossm.jpg   Some Tank Ideas-e-enowsm.jpg  

Useful Links: Caudata Culture | Species Accounts | Care Articles | Newt and Salamander FAQs | Axolotl.org | Axolotl FAQs | Forum Functions | My Blog
Otterwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2009   #2 (permalink)
Administrator

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 97
Comments: 46
Rep: Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11
Default Re: Some Tank Ideas

In #6, is that strainer 100% stainless steel? I'm concerned that it might rust. Newts + rust = not a good idea.

Nice, thanks for sharing the pix Dawn!

Old 22nd October 2009   #3 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 14
Comments: 21
Rep: caudatadude28 has given good advice and informationcaudatadude28 has given good advice and informationcaudatadude28 has given good advice and information

Your setups look very nice Dawn! Do you have any pics of the baby tylos? Are you going to sell any?

caudatadude28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2009   #4 (permalink)
Administrator

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 58
Comments: 71
Rep: Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11

I've been watching it for rust and it hasn't--I used the same one with a plant for a while and it never rusted.

AJ, I'll be honest. You lose interest in things too quickly for me to sell you any Tylos.

Useful Links: Caudata Culture | Species Accounts | Care Articles | Newt and Salamander FAQs | Axolotl.org | Axolotl FAQs | Forum Functions | My Blog
Otterwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2009   #5 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 14
Comments: 21
Rep: caudatadude28 has given good advice and informationcaudatadude28 has given good advice and informationcaudatadude28 has given good advice and information

Dawn, I dont think that was a very nice comment. You dont know me very well. Please dont judge me so quickly. I have had a huge interest in T. verr. since I saw them on this site when I joined. They are a species I will some how get(hopefully) and breed in the future. They are the main species I would like to work with some day.

caudatadude28 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ideas, tank

LinkBack