The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

75 gallon paludarium inhabitants

This is a discussion on 75 gallon paludarium inhabitants within the Newt and Salamander Help forums, part of the Beginner Newt, Salamander, Axolotl & Help Topics category; I originally designed this tank for african reed frogs but I did so with some bad information and I thought ...

Newt and Salamander Help Got a problem? Ill newt? Basic questions? Ask about them here.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Hunter Wilson

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13th August 2015   #1 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: Hunter Wilson is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 75 gallon paludarium inhabitants

I originally designed this tank for african reed frogs but I did so with some bad information and I thought that the frogs didn't need much height. The tank is seeded with sprigtails, isopods and earthworms but I would like to culture other feeder insects inside the tank also. In the water has a mix of plankton (daphnia, aphids, copeds, rotifers and more). I plan to have some killifish and cherry shrimp in the water that would hopefully subsist on the plankton and maybe some aquatic plants. for the land i would like something that is semiaquatic and that eats foods that i can culture in the tank. So I have a few questions.

1. What semi-aquatic animal(s) could I put in the tank.

2. What foods could I culture in the tank for the animal and fish to eat

3. What plants could I put in the paludarium to feed the animal and or fish/shrimp

4. What small predator could eat the baby shrimp and baby fish

5. Any suggestions and or constructive criticism

[IMG]file:///var/folders/bj/mn73dn2x743644pszc3w4v3m0000gr/T/com.apple.iChat/Messages/Transfers/IMG_4912.JPG[/IMG]

[IMG]file:///var/folders/bj/mn73dn2x743644pszc3w4v3m0000gr/T/com.apple.iChat/Messages/Transfers/IMG_4912.JPG[/IMG]

Hunter Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2015   #2 (permalink)
Field Herper

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 141
Comments: 77
Rep: Sith the turtle is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgSith the turtle is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgSith the turtle is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgSith the turtle is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgSith the turtle is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgSith the turtle is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.org
Default Re: 75 gallon paludarium inhabitants

Pictures don't work for me

Old 13th August 2015   #3 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: Hunter Wilson is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry let me try from my phone

Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.

Do they work now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hunter Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
culture, food, help and advice needed, in tank culture, paludarium, predator, semi-aquatic, species selection, vivarium

LinkBack