The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Salamander refuses to eat

This is a discussion on Salamander refuses to eat within the Newt and Salamander Help forums, part of the Beginner Newt, Salamander, Axolotl & Help Topics category; Okay, so my fire salamander is refusing to eat worms. Ocassionally he'll eat one if he's very hungry, but for ...

Newt and Salamander Help Got a problem? Ill newt? Basic questions? Ask about them here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24th September 2015   #1 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: Nioa has shown reliable knowledge
Default Salamander refuses to eat

Okay, so my fire salamander is refusing to eat worms. Ocassionally he'll eat one if he's very hungry, but for the most part he wants nothing to do with them. He'll follow them until he figures out that it is, in fact, a worm and then turn away from it. He used to absolutely love them, but I think someone fed him a red wiggler that was cut and he got a taste of its icky secretions. He's very thin now and I'm not sure what to do. He lives in the same tank as another fire salamander that is the same age, and that one eats wonderfully. What should I do to keep this guy healthy and get him eating again?

Nioa is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fire salamander, not eating, red wigglers, salamander, worms

LinkBack