The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Salamander out 😰

This is a discussion on Salamander out 😰 within the Newt and Salamander Help forums, part of the Beginner Newt, Salamander, Axolotl & Help Topics category; Hello, everyone Around 5 months ago I caught 4 tiger salamanders from a pond and have had no trouble with ...

Newt and Salamander Help Got a problem? Ill newt? Basic questions? Ask about them here.

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Sith the turtle
  • 1 Post By Newtmander
  • 1 Post By Sith the turtle
  • 2 Post By Newtmander

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19th October 2015   #1 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: Newtmander is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Salamander out 😰

Hello, everyone

Around 5 months ago I caught 4 tiger salamanders from a pond and have had no trouble with them what so every but last night 2 got out and I found one this morning. I can't find the other one and I need help knowing where they might be at. I also have two cats but they just stare at them(even with bugs and mice they never kill them just stare at them) what should I do?

Newtmander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2015   #2 (permalink)
Field Herper

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 132
Comments: 77
Rep: Sith the turtle is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgSith the turtle is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgSith the turtle is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgSith the turtle is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgSith the turtle is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.org
Default Re: Salamander out ��

First off, make sure it can't happen again, get a better lid, or fix the problem. Second, make a place with moisture, have water dishes in suitable, shady areas where you think it went. Put food dishes as well, so it'll find food and water, and you can find it. If it's an aquatic/larval stage tiger, as grim as this probably sounds, if it has gills, it's probably long dead. An adult/terrestrial juvenile will probably survive on its own for a while though. Don't give up though, un-related, someone's Leopard gecko got out, and he found it alive with cats and dogs around it wanting to eat it, for a year

Old 19th October 2015   #3 (permalink)

Nationality:
Default Re: Salamander out 😰

I redid their cage yesterday and forgot to put the lid on but it's on now. What kind of food should I put on the dishes, all I have right now is frozen blood worm, but I can get other food. They are not larvae anymore. Should I just place dishs all around the house?

Old 19th October 2015   #4 (permalink)
Field Herper

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 132
Comments: 77
Rep: Sith the turtle is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgSith the turtle is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgSith the turtle is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgSith the turtle is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgSith the turtle is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.org
Default Re: Salamander out ��

Yes, in areas you think he might be. (Underneath the couch, behind the fridge, etc.) Crickets, wax-worms, night-crawlers, and other usual fare

Old 19th October 2015   #5 (permalink)

Nationality:
Red face Re: Salamander out 😰

Ok thank you for your help

Tags
got out, help and advice needed

LinkBack