The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Fat Newt

This is a discussion on Fat Newt within the Newt and Salamander Help forums, part of the Beginner Newt, Salamander, Axolotl & Help Topics category; Just acquired two fire bellied newts one of them seemed a little big after eating two mealworms(both were cut in ...

Newt and Salamander Help Got a problem? Ill newt? Basic questions? Ask about them here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26th December 2015   #1 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: Thecomickid is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Fat Newt

Just acquired two fire bellied newts one of them seemed a little big after eating two mealworms(both were cut in half) a couple of days ago and still looks it now. If you can look at the pics attached, could you tell me if I'm worried for nothing or is that bloat
Attached Thumbnails
Fat Newt-20151225_204333.jpg   Fat Newt-20151225_203043.jpg   Fat Newt-20151225_204150.jpg  

Thecomickid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th December 2015   #2 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: Doomus is an unknown quantity at this point

From the pics he looks fine to me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doomus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th December 2015   #3 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: Thecomickid is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Fat Newt

Thank you for responding, looking around on the Internet I found that most newts are chubby lol, just nervous I guess

Thecomickid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th December 2015   #4 (permalink)
Field Herper

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 132
Comments: 77
Rep: Sith the turtle is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgSith the turtle is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgSith the turtle is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgSith the turtle is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgSith the turtle is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.org
Default Re: Fat Newt

Also, I just wanted to say if you don't know already, meal-worms aren't a good feeder for newts, chopped Canadian night-crawlers (Worms) that you can get at a fishing store or Walmart, and they are much more nutritious than meal-worms, and they are easier to digest

Tags
bloat, firebelliednewts, newts

LinkBack