The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Newt Tank Flooring

This is a discussion on Newt Tank Flooring within the Newt and Salamander Help forums, part of the Beginner Newt, Salamander, Axolotl & Help Topics category; I have a firebelly newt and he is in a 10 gallon tank and i have about 1-2 inches of ...

Newt and Salamander Help Got a problem? Ill newt? Basic questions? Ask about them here.

Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By ThoseNewtsTho

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 4th March 2016   #1 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: SpinoRaptor87 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Newt Tank Flooring

I have a firebelly newt and he is in a 10 gallon tank and i have about 1-2 inches of rock for the flooring. are rocks a sutible flooring for Him?

SpinoRaptor87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2016   #2 (permalink)
European Newt Group

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 1
Rep: ThoseNewtsTho has given consistently excellent advice and informationThoseNewtsTho has given consistently excellent advice and informationThoseNewtsTho has given consistently excellent advice and informationThoseNewtsTho has given consistently excellent advice and informationThoseNewtsTho has given consistently excellent advice and information

It's potentially okay but would require a lot more work and more frequent cleanings due to trapping more debris and uneaten food, that being said, if it's small enough it's also a potential impaction hazard if you don't feed in a bowl or dish or by hand.
Throughly rinsed sand or no substrate at all is generally superior to gravel.

Tags
flooring, newt, tank

LinkBack