The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Questions!

This is a discussion on Questions! within the Newt and Salamander Help forums, part of the Beginner Newt, Salamander, Axolotl & Help Topics category; Hey guys! I've had my babies just about a year, but I'm still learning many new things about them & ...

Newt and Salamander Help Got a problem? Ill newt? Basic questions? Ask about them here.

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Otterwoman
  • 1 Post By Chinadog

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19th July 2016   #1 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: rainbowmermaid is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Questions!

Hey guys! I've had my babies just about a year, but I'm still learning many new things about them & have a list of questions my pet store/Google hasn't been able to answer! If anyone can kindly answer any or all of my questions, it would be greatly appreciated! Thank you in advance!
1. I just saw today (7~18~16) these tiny little "clear" dots on the side of my tank. Are these eggs (I can take a picture if need be) If they are eggs, what on earth should I do? I have a 1 gallon tank free to move them if I should, i was just scared to mess with them.

2. I have a reptifilter (big Rock one) I change the water (20%)-weekly, I skim with a small net the extra food, but my water is ALWAYS cloudy! What am I doing wrong?

3. One of my fire belly newts (Deuce) WILL NOT eat. I'm honestly surprised he's still alive, I've tried brine shrimp, freeze dried shrimp, live worms(small enough for him), newt pellets. I feel horrible because I absolutely know he's starving to death 😢😢 has anyone gone through this, what could be the cause of him not eating & what should I do?!
Any advice would be more than welcome! I know it's a lot but as I said, noone around me really knows squat about these little guys! Thank you for taking the time to read and help me 😊😊

rainbowmermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2016   #2 (permalink)
Administrator

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 58
Comments: 71
Rep: Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11
Default Re: Questions!

Photos always help. The clear things could be snail eggs.
Do you have any plants in the water? They help, I think, keep the water clear.
I don't know what makes an individual newt not eat. That happens with me also from time to time. Maybe a parasite? Maybe a vet visit is in order.

Good luck.

Useful Links: Caudata Culture | Species Accounts | Care Articles | Newt and Salamander FAQs | Axolotl.org | Axolotl FAQs | Forum Functions | My Blog
Otterwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2016   #3 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11
Default Re: Questions!

Hi, welcome to the site!
Yes, it would be far easier to offer advice if you can post some pictures.
Pet store firebellies are very fragile and often sick. Have a read through this sticky, I think most of the info you need is in there. Don't be afraid to ask questions if there's anything you aren't sure about, though. :)

New Chinese fire belly newts not eating

Chinadog is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
newt, newt breeding, newt eggs, newt feeding, newt health, newt love, newt sick

LinkBack