The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Tank sizes for larvae and juvenile Japanese fire belly newts (Cynops pyrrhogaster)

This is a discussion on Tank sizes for larvae and juvenile Japanese fire belly newts (Cynops pyrrhogaster) within the Newt and Salamander Help forums, part of the Beginner Newt, Salamander, Axolotl & Help Topics category; Hey guys i'm hoping to breed my newts in the future and was wanting to set up a tank or ...

Newt and Salamander Help Got a problem? Ill newt? Basic questions? Ask about them here.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By sammannell

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 4th December 2016   #1 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 1
Rep: sammannell has started on the right path
Red face Tank sizes for larvae and juvenile Japanese fire belly newts (Cynops pyrrhogaster)

Hey guys i'm hoping to breed my newts in the future and was wanting to set up a tank or two in advance so I can grow all the plants and be prepared etc..

What is the gallons per newt ratio for larvae approaching metamorphosis and terrestrial juveniles? Or just a rough size guide?

Can anyone show me their set ups?

sammannell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2016   #2 (permalink)

Nationality:
Comments: 0
Rep: Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11Chinadog goes to 11
Default Re: Tank sizes for larvae and juvenile Japanese fire belly newts (Cynops pyrrhogaster)

This is how I raised my first pyrrhogaster babies. I don't know if its the best way, but it seemed to work quite well.

Raising C. pyrrhogaster fully aquatic.

Chinadog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2016   #3 (permalink)

Nationality:
Comments: 1
Rep: sammannell has started on the right path
Default Re: Tank sizes for larvae and juvenile Japanese fire belly newts (Cynops pyrrhogaster)

Thank you Chinadog that was very helpful! Love all the pictures along the way too. I hope I can be as successful as you

sammannell is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fire belly, larvae, morphing, newt, size, tank size, terrestrial

LinkBack