The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Salamander missing hands please help

This is a discussion on Salamander missing hands please help within the Newt and Salamander Help forums, part of the Beginner Newt, Salamander, Axolotl & Help Topics category; One of my three lined salamanders is missing two of his feet/hands one on the front one on the back ...

Newt and Salamander Help Got a problem? Ill newt? Basic questions? Ask about them here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 7th February 2017   #1 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: trueherpnerd is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Salamander missing hands please help

One of my three lined salamanders is missing two of his feet/hands one on the front one on the back I have 4 other salamanders in that tank so I don't know if they could of done it but his wounds healed and he was doing good but now his wounds have reopened back up and its not looking good I trired to add more hyodrogen piroxide but i think I make worse what can I do to save my salamader I have already lost one due to any other wound and is there anything I could do make sure this dosnt happen again

trueherpnerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2017   #2 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: MnGuy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Salamander missing hands please help

I would separate the wounded salamander into its own tank. If their environments are clean and healthy and they are fed well, they should regrow limbs just fine. I would stop using the hydrogen peroxide and see how it heals on its own. Worked for one of my newts who lost one foot.

I don't think your other salamanders are helping.

Good luck.

MnGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2017   #3 (permalink)

Nationality:

I did try that with the salamander that died not useing the hydrogen peroxide But I'll I think I'll separate tank thanks for the advice

Old 7th February 2017   #4 (permalink)
Administrator

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 58
Comments: 71
Rep: Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11

Please see this wound care article. I don't seem to remember hydrogen peroxide being recommended.

Useful Links: Caudata Culture | Species Accounts | Care Articles | Newt and Salamander FAQs | Axolotl.org | Axolotl FAQs | Forum Functions | My Blog
Otterwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2017   #5 (permalink)

Nationality:

It's in the treatment of sores article and its worked in the past but I don't want him to hurt him self more

Tags
help and advice needed, injured, salamander, wounded

LinkBack