The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Salamandra gallacia can they be housed in same terrarium

This is a discussion on Salamandra gallacia can they be housed in same terrarium within the Newt and Salamander Help forums, part of the Beginner Newt, Salamander, Axolotl & Help Topics category; I have two portuguese fire salamanders in separate tanks I was thinking of putting them together in a larger tank. ...

Newt and Salamander Help Got a problem? Ill newt? Basic questions? Ask about them here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 1 Week Ago   #1 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: greenwood09 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Salamandra gallacia can they be housed in same terrarium

I have two portuguese fire salamanders in separate tanks I was thinking of putting them together in a larger tank. Is that a good idea or should I keep them separate? I would appreciate any advice.

greenwood09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #2 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: Blackbun has given consistently excellent advice and informationBlackbun has given consistently excellent advice and informationBlackbun has given consistently excellent advice and informationBlackbun has given consistently excellent advice and information
Default Re: Salamandra gallacia can they be housed in same terrarium

Yes you can but of course there's always the small print: e.g. The larger one isn't large enough to eat the smaller one; you have had them long enough to know they are disease free and can't infect each other; if they are from the same locality and you don't want to preserve the purity of any offspring. Good luck with your adventure.

Blackbun is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBack