The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Paddletail newts

This is a discussion on Paddletail newts within the Newt and Salamander Help forums, part of the Beginner Newt, Salamander, Axolotl & Help Topics category; I've just been given two adult females. I've read the care sheet, and it recommends that the water temperature should ...

Newt and Salamander Help Got a problem? Ill newt? Basic questions? Ask about them here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #1 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: Mike mawp is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Paddletail newts

I've just been given two adult females. I've read the care sheet, and it recommends that the water temperature should ideally not exceed 18 degrees. What is the minimum recommended temperature? Will they stand the winter in frost-free greenhouse?

Mike mawp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #2 (permalink)
Administrator

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 58
Comments: 71
Rep: Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11
Default Re: Paddletail newts

Here is the caresheet.

Useful Links: Caudata Culture | Species Accounts | Care Articles | Newt and Salamander FAQs | Axolotl.org | Axolotl FAQs | Forum Functions | My Blog
Otterwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #3 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: Mike mawp is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Paddletail newts

Thank you for the link, but I had read that. My quandary is should I keep these indoors at close to 65 degrees, or will they stand overwintering in a frost free greenhouse, where the temperature could drop to 40 degrees. I have much more space available outside for a larger tank.
Someone on another site has answered my query, so no more replies are necessary thank you.

Mike mawp is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBack