The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Weird caudate deformity poll

This is a discussion on Weird caudate deformity poll within the Newt and Salamander Help forums, part of the Beginner Newt, Salamander, Axolotl & Help Topics category; I just discovered today that my male notopthalmus viridescens has FIVE fingers on his right hand! Anyone else have any ...

Newt and Salamander Help Got a problem? Ill newt? Basic questions? Ask about them here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 9th March 2004   #1 (permalink)
leanne

Gallery Images:
Comments:

I just discovered today that my male notopthalmus viridescens has FIVE fingers on his right hand!

Anyone else have any "special" pets with extra digits/heads/tails, or maybe one less something than they should have? Better yet, any photos to go along with your post?

Old 9th March 2004   #2 (permalink)
alan

Gallery Images:
Comments:

When I was a kid, I had a friend with six toes!

Old 9th March 2004   #3 (permalink)
leanne

Gallery Images:
Comments:

Ok, THAT'S definitely freaky. Although I heard somewhere that Marilyn Monroe had 6 toes on each foot(?).

Old 10th March 2004   #4 (permalink)
kaysie

Gallery Images:
Comments:

Thats a false rumor. Came about by some weird shadows in some pictures taken (if the censors will allow me to post a non-caudate site: http://www.snopes.com/movies/actors/mmtoes.htm

Old 10th March 2004   #5 (permalink)
leanne

Gallery Images:
Comments:

Ah, ok---I was always curious about the validity of that Marilyn Monroe rumor....Click the image to open in full size.

Mike, do you have a photo of Mole? He sounds like a special little dude indeedClick the image to open in full size.

(Message edited by tadpole on March 10, 2004)

Old 15th March 2004   #6 (permalink)
paris

Gallery Images:
Comments:

i have one of a popei larva with a little something growing out of his/her tail. its not a full extra tail but it affects the tail bone because you can see it bend there. i am unsure what it is, but it has no digits and is after the pelvic region-so im leaning more towards it being a second tail.(but placement isnt always a clue-there was a 3 legged man who had a thumb growing out of his knee)

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.

Old 15th March 2004   #7 (permalink)
leanne

Gallery Images:
Comments:

That is so neat---I'm thinking because of the shape of it that it looks like an extra tail more than anything (but, maybe it's an extra head or something?!!). Are you going to keep the guy and see what it looks like when morphed?Click the image to open in full size.

Old 15th March 2004   #8 (permalink)
jamie

Gallery Images:
Comments:

my boyfriend swears that my california newt has four fingers on one hand and five fingers with a thumb like thing on the other. I can't tell, but he's dead set on it.....

Old 16th March 2004   #9 (permalink)
leanne

Gallery Images:
Comments:

Hmm, gonna hafta get the magnifying glass out on this! I'll try as soon as I can get ahold of a camera again to get a photo of mine with the five fingers, maybe you can compare....

Old 17th March 2004   #10 (permalink)
leanne

Gallery Images:
Comments:

Woah, AWESOME!! This would make excellent desktop wallpaper....

Old 17th March 2004   #11 (permalink)
henk

Gallery Images:
Comments:

The eyeless gene in axolotls is of a genetic origin and such animals remain infertile.. so I hope you don't intendto breedwith it . I have a white onel ike this with a blakc head and some golden eyeless... It's incredible to see, but if you let a worm drop towards their head they actually snap at it even far before the worm reaches their head, as if they have eyes

Tags
caudate, deformity, poll, weird

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 3 (Set)

Infinite, nilo22, sherylbobbins
LinkBack