The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Protection this summer

This is a discussion on Protection this summer within the Newt and Salamander Help forums, part of the Beginner Newt, Salamander, Axolotl & Help Topics category; I was thinking of moving my newt down into the basement for a cooler setting and protection from the heat ...

Newt and Salamander Help Got a problem? Ill newt? Basic questions? Ask about them here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28th May 2006   #1 (permalink)
johnathan

Gallery Images:
Comments:

I was thinking of moving my newt down into the basement for a cooler setting and protection from the heat . The only thing that cumbers me from doing this is that i have cats down there . Do you guys think the cats may present a threat if i move his tank down there ? Also , any suggestions on heat prevention would be appreciated . Thanks .

Old 28th May 2006   #2 (permalink)
jennifer

Gallery Images:
Comments:

The basement would probably be a good move for the newts. What to do about the cats depends on the type of lid you have on them. Get some bricks and weight it down well so the cats can't get in. For screen lids, you can buy clips to hold them on. Simply having the cats stare at them won't hurt the newts.

There is a list of heat-prevention methods in the Housing FAQ:
http://www.caudata.org/cc/faq/faq.shtml

Old 29th May 2006   #3 (permalink)
johnathan

Gallery Images:
Comments:

Hey , thanks alot

Tags
protection, summer

(View-All Members who have read this thread since 7th September 2017, 23:17 (Set) (Clear)

There are no names to display.
LinkBack