The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

2 Filters?

This is a discussion on 2 Filters? within the Newt and Salamander Help forums, part of the Beginner Newt, Salamander, Axolotl & Help Topics category; Hey I was wondering if it would be alright for me to put a filter (the one that is on ...

Newt and Salamander Help Got a problem? Ill newt? Basic questions? Ask about them here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20th February 2006   #1 (permalink)
mathieu

Gallery Images:
Comments:

Hey I was wondering if it would be alright for me to put a filter (the one that is on top of the fish tank) in addition to the underwater filter I already have.

The whole Idea is that I haven't found any plants yet to go in my tank. And I want to make the water as clean as possible.

Another thing is, In my first thread, I said that one of my newts was sick. Actually both of them were from the start as I realised that it was'nt just a white spot my other one had on her nose.

So I keep them together, but I wan't to make sure that I do not have too much bacterias in my tank. Wich is why I am asking about a second filter.

Old 20th February 2006   #2 (permalink)
jeff

Gallery Images:
Comments:

Mat, isolate the sik one in a sepeerate setup using paper towels and a tubberware with some water in it.

Bacteria is not all bad, its neccesary to have some and the filter won't kill off any, just promote biological filtration.

Old 20th February 2006   #3 (permalink)
mathieu

Gallery Images:
Comments:

The thing is both of them are sick already. At first I thought only one was but I realized that both are.

Tags
filters

(View-All Members who have read this thread since 28th December 2017, 20:30 (Set) (Clear)

There are no names to display.
LinkBack