The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Airstone usage?

This is a discussion on Airstone usage? within the Newt and Salamander Help forums, part of the Beginner Newt, Salamander, Axolotl & Help Topics category; Do i need to use an air pump for my newts? I've read up on different sites, and some say ...

Newt and Salamander Help Got a problem? Ill newt? Basic questions? Ask about them here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 2nd February 2005   #1 (permalink)
natalie

Gallery Images:
Comments:

Do i need to use an air pump for my newts? I've read up on different sites, and some say i do and some don't mention it at all, and i don't seem to see very much said on it on this site. Is it a necessity? Just want to keep my newts as healthy as can be. Thanks for the help and i love this site its awesome.

Old 2nd February 2005   #2 (permalink)
john

Gallery Images:
Comments:

no it is not needed at all. Mabye just for water cirulatoin purposes. But it is not needed.

Old 2nd February 2005   #3 (permalink)
jennifer

Gallery Images:
Comments:

I would say it probably isn't needed, but it really depends on the setup. If your setup a solid lid (especially the glass kind), then you probably DO need an airstone.

Old 3rd February 2005   #4 (permalink)
joeri

Gallery Images:
Comments:

If you don't have plants or plastic ones you should consider it as well. I don't have airstones in my adult tanks as they are heavely planted, but I use it allways with young newts. (no plants here, or only a bit to be able to monitor them around the clock)

Old 3rd February 2005   #5 (permalink)
natalie

Gallery Images:
Comments:

Alright. i dont have a solid lid (have a wire one) and i have plants so i guess its good how it is. thanks for all the replies. really appreciate it!

Tags
airstone, usage

(View-All Members who have read this thread since 19th June 2017, 21:06 (Set) (Clear)

There are no names to display.
LinkBack