The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Red eft light fixture?

This is a discussion on Red eft light fixture? within the Newt and Salamander Help forums, part of the Beginner Newt, Salamander, Axolotl & Help Topics category; I have two questions. 1.) Do efts need a light bulb fixture? 2.) How can I keep them at good ...

Newt and Salamander Help Got a problem? Ill newt? Basic questions? Ask about them here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 31st May 2006   #1 (permalink)
Site Contributor

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: TJ is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgTJ is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgTJ is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgTJ is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgTJ is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.orgTJ is a well respected, valued and knowledgeable member of Caudata.org

I have two questions.
1.) Do efts need a light bulb fixture?
2.) How can I keep them at good room temperature on hot days?

TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2006   #2 (permalink)
christopher

Gallery Images:
Comments:

well I donot think that efts need!!!!! light but im am not sure??......but the best way that I have found keeping newts cool during the summer is adding a cold frozen water bottle filled with ice cold or frozen water....hope I could help...good luck...Click the image to open in full size.

Old 31st May 2006   #3 (permalink)
christopher

Gallery Images:
Comments:

oh and I also have to start preparing for summer so this weekend I have to empty out all my newt and frog tanks and move them to our basement...Click the image to open in full size.....well this is the risk you take I guess for having such amazing critters...Click the image to open in full size.

Old 31st May 2006   #4 (permalink)
joan

Gallery Images:
Comments:

Chris, if you're not sure of something, there's really no need to post that you don't know.

Tim, efts do not need lights. In this stage of their life, they prefer to hide under the leaf litter.

To keep things cool, you can keep a frozen water bottle in the tank, blow a fan over the tank, move it to a lower surface, or move it to the basement. Or do like hardcore keepers and get an air conditioner for your newt room.

Tags
eft, fixture, light, red

LinkBack