The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Yellow spotted salamander

This is a discussion on Yellow spotted salamander within the Newt and Salamander Help forums, part of the Beginner Newt, Salamander, Axolotl & Help Topics category; my partner and i brought a yellow spotted salamander from a local pet shop.it was in a tank with 4 ...

Newt and Salamander Help Got a problem? Ill newt? Basic questions? Ask about them here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12th May 2006   #1 (permalink)
lauren

Gallery Images:
Comments:

my partner and i brought a yellow spotted salamander from a local pet shop.it was in a tank with 4 other salamanders.we had him* about two weeks when we went to let him* out for a run we noticed a black sack in the tank.it was about 2cm wide and looked like a kidney bean.it was seeping what looked like dirt.have you any idea what this is.our salamander is quite fat compared 2 some we have seen.could it be pregnant or was it just its waste?

Old 12th May 2006   #2 (permalink)
heather

Gallery Images:
Comments:

Hello, and welcome to the site. It sounds to me like it was just some fecal matter you found - my tiger sal's waste looks very much like what you described. As far as letting it out of the tank for a run, as long as you have a good sized tank that should'nt be neccesary. Being amphibians they can dry out/dessicate rapidly, so be careful. I hope you find this site informative, and ask whatever questions you may have
Heather

Tags
salamander, spotted, yellow

(View-All Members who have read this thread since 24th November 2017, 18:03 (Set) (Clear)

There are no names to display.
LinkBack