The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Two lined salamander feeding help

This is a discussion on Two lined salamander feeding help within the Newt and Salamander Help forums, part of the Beginner Newt, Salamander, Axolotl & Help Topics category; i found a two lined salamander in my creek the other day so i decided to keep it so i ...

Newt and Salamander Help Got a problem? Ill newt? Basic questions? Ask about them here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20th May 2005   #1 (permalink)
brandon

Gallery Images:
Comments:

i found a two lined salamander in my creek the other day so i decided to keep it so i did well now that i have it all comes down to what do i feed it well i bought somethings called salamander and newt bites they are these small reddish colored tablets but my salamander doesnt seem to be so attracted by them or eat them so will it eventually eat it or will i have to feed it live food

Old 20th May 2005   #2 (permalink)
paris

Gallery Images:
Comments:

must be live and small enough but they traditionally have huge appetites, they also are excellent at climbing glass and getting out of small cracks-so lids must be tight fitting.

Old 20th May 2005   #3 (permalink)
nate

Gallery Images:
Comments:

Hi Brandon, it will need live food: small worms, pinheads, fruitflies, etc. More importantly, you'll need to keep it at 70F or below or it will likely die. Here's a caresheet...

http://www.caudata.org/cc/species/Eu...rycea_sp.shtml

Tags
feeding, lined, salamander

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 7 (Set)

anthonyjensen, FredLikesNewts, nateb, Salsamander, spidermikie4, Toadlily, XDragonGrlX
LinkBack