The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Please help - Eastern Newt injury

This is a discussion on Please help - Eastern Newt injury within the Newt and Salamander Help forums, part of the Beginner Newt, Salamander, Axolotl & Help Topics category; My eastern newt was bitten by one of its tank mates yesterday. He has been moved to a hospital tank ...

Newt and Salamander Help Got a problem? Ill newt? Basic questions? Ask about them here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18th May 2007   #1 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: swashbuclnpirat has started on the right path
Exclamation Please help - Eastern Newt injury

My eastern newt was bitten by one of its tank mates yesterday. He has been moved to a hospital tank and i am applying Neosporin every day. The problem is that he was bitten on the leg, and the leg is bitten almost halfway through. It is not bleeding, but i don't know whether i should just remove the leg and let it grow back or see if it will heal... please help. Thanks

swashbuclnpirat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2007   #2 (permalink)
Site Contributor

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 45
Comments: 62
Rep: Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11

I'd just leave it be. I wouldn't even bother with neosporin or hospitalization. Just keep an eye out for fungus or infection.

These guys are masters at healing, and he should be fine.

Kaysie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2007   #3 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: swashbuclnpirat has started on the right path

I noticed a part of his leg was looking a little red, so that's why i was doing the neosporin. Is this a problem or should i just let him be?
Thanks so much for your help.

swashbuclnpirat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
eastern, injury, newt

LinkBack