The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store Donate

What did I find?

This is a discussion on What did I find? within the Newt and Salamander Help forums, part of the Beginner Newt, Salamander, Axolotl & Help Topics category; Hi everyone, I was digging in my grandmas garden and i found 2 what i think are salamanders. they are ...

Newt and Salamander Help Got a problem? Ill newt? Basic questions? Ask about them here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15th July 2007   #1 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 5
Comments: 1
Rep: fire_newt has started on the right path
Default What did I find?

Hi everyone, I was digging in my grandmas garden and i found 2 what i think are salamanders. they are a sort of black color with an off yellow stripe down their backs with a greyish belly. I would put a picture up, but i am in the process of moving so all of my stuff isnt with me. i fould then in a moist dirt pile under about 3 inches. anything would really be appreciated thank you very much fire_newt
fire_newt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2007   #2 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 45
Comments: 62
Rep: Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11

Those would probably be long-toed salamanders, Ambystoma macrodactylum.
Kaysie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
find