The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store Donate

at what age can you sex a j.f.b.newt?

This is a discussion on at what age can you sex a j.f.b.newt? within the Newt and Salamander Help forums, part of the Beginner Newt, Salamander, Axolotl & Help Topics category; as above what age or size can you sex a j.f.b.newt? thanks...

Newt and Salamander Help Got a problem? Ill newt? Basic questions? Ask about them here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25th March 2008   #1 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 15
Comments: 0
Rep: DantezGirl has started on the right path
Default at what age can you sex a j.f.b.newt?

as above what age or size can you sex a j.f.b.newt? thanks
Old 25th March 2008   #2 (permalink)
Administrator

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 898
Comments: 26
Rep: Mark goes to 11Mark goes to 11Mark goes to 11Mark goes to 11Mark goes to 11Mark goes to 11Mark goes to 11Mark goes to 11Mark goes to 11Mark goes to 11Mark goes to 11

Depending how fast they grow males will become apparent at around a year old.
Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2008   #3 (permalink)
Administrator

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 97
Comments: 46
Rep: Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11

I have a group that are approaching 2 years old (they were eggs in spring 2006). I can identify the sex of most of them, although it's harder to tell than I wish it were!

Tags
age, jfbnewt, sex