The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

growth rate of long toed salamanders

This is a discussion on growth rate of long toed salamanders within the Newt and Salamander Help forums, part of the Beginner Newt, Salamander, Axolotl & Help Topics category; I have two (raised from eggs) longtoed salamanders. They are eating and getting bigger, however, I wanted to know about ...

Newt and Salamander Help Got a problem? Ill newt? Basic questions? Ask about them here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19th March 2009   #1 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 20
Comments: 1
Rep: hcq33 has shown reliable knowledgehcq33 has shown reliable knowledge
Question growth rate of long toed salamanders

I have two (raised from eggs) longtoed salamanders. They are eating and getting bigger, however, I wanted to know about their growth rate. I know what the fact sheets say, they can get up to 3-4 inches long, however I was wondering if there was a time frame attached to that. Does growth rate have to do with tanks size like some fish? Does it have to do with frequency of feedings? Does anyone have experience with longtoed salamanders and their growth patterns? Here are 3 comparison pictures and the dates. Obviously they are growing, but oh, so slowly.

Click the image to open in full size.June 2008 Click the image to open in full size. Sept 2008

Click the image to open in full size.March 2009

hcq33 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
growth rate, longtoed salamander

LinkBack