The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Paper Towel

This is a discussion on Paper Towel within the Newt and Salamander Help forums, part of the Beginner Newt, Salamander, Axolotl & Help Topics category; I will be getting my first Fire salamanders soon and will be keeping them in tubs with wet paper towels.My ...

Newt and Salamander Help Got a problem? Ill newt? Basic questions? Ask about them here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15th April 2009   #1 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: Hooky87 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Paper Towel

I will be getting my first Fire salamanders soon and will be keeping them in tubs with wet paper towels.My question is how do i tell if i am using non bleached stuff as all the stuff in my local supermarket does not state on the package.So what do you guys use? Cheers

Matt

Hooky87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2009   #2 (permalink)

Nationality:
Rep: jbherpin has given consistently good advice and informationjbherpin has given consistently good advice and informationjbherpin has given consistently good advice and information
Default Re: Paper Towel

I don't have the answer, but have wondered the same thing many times! Thank you for the post, hopefully someone can list a brand name or something.

-jbherpin-

-William Shakespeare
jbherpin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2009   #3 (permalink)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 298
Comments: 24
Rep: Greatwtehunter goes to 11Greatwtehunter goes to 11Greatwtehunter goes to 11Greatwtehunter goes to 11Greatwtehunter goes to 11Greatwtehunter goes to 11Greatwtehunter goes to 11Greatwtehunter goes to 11Greatwtehunter goes to 11Greatwtehunter goes to 11Greatwtehunter goes to 11

The non-bleached paper towels will be brown like a paper bag. You can get these at Taco Bell but shhhhhhhh that's our little secret.

Old 15th April 2009   #4 (permalink)

Nationality:

Does anyone know where i can get the right paper towels in the U.K

Old 15th April 2009   #5 (permalink)

Nationality:
Comments: 1
Rep: Critter Mom has given consistently good advice and informationCritter Mom has given consistently good advice and informationCritter Mom has given consistently good advice and information

Do you have a food service store there? We have Gordon's Food Service (store) here in the States. They sell to the public as well as restaurants and institutions (or cleaning companies, etc.). Perhaps you could find something like that there or online? Or a natural products or "go green" website? Maybe even Greenpeace would have a listing of brands since they are more eco-friendly?

Old 16th April 2009   #6 (permalink)

Nationality:

Hi i would like more feedback off U.K members on this matter please. Cheers

Matt

Old 16th April 2009   #7 (permalink)
Administrator

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 58
Comments: 71
Rep: Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11

If you have a Natural Foods store they probably sell them there.

Otterwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2009   #8 (permalink)

Nationality:

I have found lots of American sites that sell non bleached paper towels, but can anyone give me a brand name they use that is availible in the U.K

Old 16th April 2009   #9 (permalink)
Founder

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 204
Comments: 118
Rep: John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)

I used to live in England until a few years ago so I know what I'm talking about. What you want is a health food store like Wild Oats. They know how to charge, but they usually sell at least one brand of unbleached paper towel. For what it's worth though, most Salamandra keepers don't bother with the unbleached stuff.

Old 16th April 2009   #10 (permalink)
AJC
(ajc)
Caudata.org Donor

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 2
Comments: 1
Rep: ajc is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgajc is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgajc is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgajc is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgajc is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgajc is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgajc is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgajc is considered an Authority at Caudata.org

I'm not a huge fan of keeping animals on paper towel for other than very short periods (no latitude for error, fouls very quickly), but some of the experts do, so if you must, in the UK, word is = "Bounty" (yeah, the one wiht the annoying TV ad, now called Plenty, apparently: http://www.brandrepublic.com/News/87...enamed-Plenty/). I have used this brand without problems.

ajc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
paper, towel

LinkBack