The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

What Size Tank For 10 Eastern Newt Adults?

This is a discussion on What Size Tank For 10 Eastern Newt Adults? within the Newt and Salamander Help forums, part of the Beginner Newt, Salamander, Axolotl & Help Topics category; Hi fellow caudata.org members i just orderd ten eastern newts (adults) and need to know what size tank i should ...

Newt and Salamander Help Got a problem? Ill newt? Basic questions? Ask about them here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 2nd May 2009   #1 (permalink)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: JoeTurtleKing has shown reliable knowledgeJoeTurtleKing has shown reliable knowledge
Question What Size Tank For 10 Eastern Newt Adults?

Hi fellow caudata.org members i just orderd ten eastern newts (adults) and need to know what size tank i should keep them in i have some ten gallon tanks, some twenty gallon long tanks, and a fifty five gallon tank and i dont know what one to use.

I would like to use the twenty gallon but i think this might be to small. I was thinking of setting a twenty and a ten gallon tank but then that would take two filters and two sets of lights.. So i would like to set them all up in a twenty but will one twenty gallon be good for ten eastern newts (adults) or should i just use the fifty five?

JoeTurtleKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2009   #2 (permalink)
Site Contributor

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 19
Comments: 2
Rep: Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)Azhael has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)
Default Re: What Size Tank For 10 Eastern Newt Adults?

I´d say go with the 55 g. The more water the better, both for the newts and for you, cause it makes everything easier.
You could also split them between the 20g and the 10g....you don´t need filters if an aquairum is sufficiently planted, so that shouldn´t be a problem(N.viridescens doesn´t like currents anyway).

Useful Links: Caudata Culture | Species Accounts | Care Articles | Newt and Salamander FAQs | Axolotl.org | Axolotl FAQs | Forum Functions.

Non Timetis Messor.
Azhael is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adults, eastern, newt, size, tank

LinkBack